(1/19/22) Ask Me Anything About Level II with Nathan Ronen, CFA

Join Nathan Ronen, CFA, founder of Chalk & Board on Wednesday (1/19) at 3:00 PM EST to ask your questions about the Level II CFA® exam.

Join the AMA with Nathan on January 19th at 3:00 PM EST

Chalk & Board’s competitive advantage lies with industry-renowned instructor, Nathan Ronen, CFA who brings instant credibility based on his real-world experiences, years of teaching, and unique and compelling style with content delivery.

Nathan began his career in world-class organizations such as New York Life, FINRA, and Salomon Brothers where he was groomed and gained real-world experience in finance and accounting. He realized his passion for education, teaching finance and other investment-related subjects whilst in the MBA program at Johns Hopkins University and Strayer College.

Nathan achieved his CFA designation in 1996 and subsequently established himself as the Lead CFA Program Instructor at Stalla Seminars, CFA Society New York (NYSSA), and Kaplan-Schweser where he taught courses for all three CFA exam levels. Nathan holds an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business in finance and accounting. Throughout his over two decades as Lead CFA instructor, Nathan developed the Ronen Methodology which has helped tens of thousands of candidates around the world achieve the coveted status of CFA® charterholder.

Welcome @NathanRonen! Thanks for joining us this afternoon.

Thank you Chad.

Welcome to the AF community! We are looking forward to the AMA today.

Anybody like to ask a question? Go right ahead! Don’t be shy

Hi Nathan, thanks for sharing your time today. Can you provide some thoughts on how returning candidates might consider altering their approach for another attempt?

Well, what did you do the first time? How did you prepare?

When did you take your Level II exam last time?

I used the CFAI curriculum, did most EOC questions (I already know how to address that one!), and in the last couple of weeks did questions on CFAI website and 8 mock exams. I took it in the Oct '21 window when the pass rate was ~25%.

I would recommend a more integrated approach so that you’re not doing just reading, just problems, just mocks because you’re not reinforcing the concepts, and everything looks important.

I’d suggest an approach of using
CFAI curriculum books
My online lecture videos that go hand in hand with CFAI books or any other books (I’m book agnostic)
10 mock exams (not 8) including my three exams
Then I would sit down with you over zoom and do a personal study plan to show you how to do it altogether

Great, thanks for the feedback.

If you’d like more direct information you can call me on +1-973-493-1371

@NathanRonen thanks for taking the time for the AMA this afternoon.

If anyone would like additional information on Chalk & Board, please visit their website at https://www.chalkandboard.org to learn more.

How many content is overlap between level 1 and level 2? Is it harder? What we need considered when we learn for level 2?
Do you have any strategy to take level 1 and level 2 in 1 year ? ( level 1 in May, level 2 in November )