1. What subject are you most worried about? 2. How many vignettes are you doing per day?

1. I am most worried about Portfolio Management. 2. I’m doing about 20 vignettes/day.

all of them.

anything involving an essay

oops clicked on level II forum by mistake. you’ll be worried about that next year guys n gals.

Easy. Derivatives. Other topics that give me heartburn : covered int rate parity payoff, triang arb payoff, international CAPM chapter.

1)…any subject that I covered last week because I am sure I forgot it this week 2)… working one chapter of EOC questions a day. I am concerned about those double negative questions (i.e. An investor in a PAC one tranche would be least likely worried about what type of Investment Risk… yeah not that easy)

(1) Most worried about porffolio management, however it wouldnt surprise me if i screw up economics or fixed income too. I hope they dont get into the details of ginne mae vs. the other mae’s, student loans, etc. Lots of nitpicky shit they could test there (2) Not just doing vigenettes, just doing lots of qbanks - i squeeze in time at work, so i’m doing a minimum of 60 questions per day. This weekend i’ll be doing the free CFAI mock…

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Easy. Derivatives. > > Other topics that give me heartburn : covered int > rate parity payoff, triang arb payoff, > international CAPM chapter. +1 to this. Same boat as you

^ +1, I also sometimes get diarrhea from some FRA topics

Ethics.

I can’t believe I’m the first one to say FRA! with 20-25% weight, and material this hard… It is my nightmare.

FRA isnt “hard” its just a lot of memorization on accounting treatments. Accounting is just basic addition and subtraction with some multiplication and division…no compounding, interest rate trees etc etc etc IMO of course

…how about Valuation of Emerging Markets (wedged in the Equity Section)… has anyone completey undertood this topic. I also throw in the towel on tringular arbitrage.

I’m most worried about the difficulty of Swaps. I swear to god, I read that chapter twice and still feel like a complete tard when the time comes that they ask me what it would cost to cancel the contract after X payments are made…It’s essentially the ONLY reading I gave up on as “too hard” and figured that I’d come back and review once I’m done brushing up on easier sections. Thankfully, swaps don’t tie in to huge chunks of the rest of the curriculum. The part that concerns me most as far as weighting is probably FRA. I know a lot of the straightfoward stuff, but the depth of material in some sections is just killer. Hoping that by exam day I’ve learned >70% of it. Also, I agree that the currency triangle arbitrage is tough, but I think I got it down. Simplest way for me was to draw out every single triangle, write every single bid/ask spread down, and draw the flow of money you need in order to profit. Do that with like 15 Qbank or CFAI problems [will take you an hour or so] and you’ll get it.

I’m finding it all difficult. I spend a week revising, feeling good about stuff and then get brought straight back to Earth with a 67 - 72% on a practice exam. At the moment though, I definitely think PM is the toughest.

AA, FSA, or the chap 39 or 44 from Equity

Round 2.5 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …how about Valuation of Emerging Markets (wedged > in the Equity Section)… has anyone completey > undertood this topic. > > I also throw in the towel on tringular arbitrage. I hate the f’n emerging markets stuff, both there and portfolio management, i feel like every question seems to make up its own rules as it goes along.

I think there are bits and pieces of CFA to worry about Ethics is not an issue Quant has those durbin watson and BP tests that I don’t remember Then economics is fairly easy FRA is memorization Equity is nice too BUT fixed income is crap and derivatives!!

Derivatives, anything involving exchange rates, and adjustments to the financial statements. I understand pretty much everything when I read it, but these are the subjects I seem to forget the quickest.

Derivatives isn’t too bad for me. My worst area would probably be FSA and considering that it’s one of the most important sections, that doesn’t feel good at all. Retention is my worst enemy right now, can barely remember what I’ve studied last week.