10 band?

I passed level 3 in 2007 and haven’t been around the forum much lately, but started checking in again when the 2008 scores were posted in August. I’ve seen the mention of band 10 etc. What is that? Did they change the way scores were released on the exam or is it some way of trying to gauge ones performance similar to 40/60/80?

if u fail they tell u how u did compared to the people who failed… 10 is highest. top 10% of people who failed

Best of the worst…ouch.

I don’t know what’s worse: knowing you weren’t even close or right there. Willy

Here’s what they give you now if you fail: We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10 I got a 10. It sucks. Maybe next year, it’ll be good to know I was close to passing but it was pretty annoying to see this on exam results day.