10 Bands

I got this eerie feeling I’m gonna land in this group and feel the wrath of that haymaker straight to the gut. call it the anti-jinx thread, i dunno, i’m scared. console me.

**** it man, let’s just not even discuss it man.

Last year Band 10:

> 70: FI/Eco/Equity

50-70: FRA, PM, Der, Corp, Ethics

<50: Quants/Alt

You think you were better than that? Should be okay, if so.

My Band 10 in 2013 was:

>70: Corp, Der, FRA

51-70: Eco, Equity, Ethics, PM, Quant

<=50: Alt, FI

Getting >70 in Ethics might have made the difference.

OP: not sure if we are consoling you or making it worse!

if FRA would’ve been >70 you would pass

I would Say Equities… not Ethics

Ten bands, eh?

OK:

1. The Beatles
  2. Creedence Clearwater Revival
  3. The Tijuana Brass
  4. Wings
  5. The Monkees
  6. ???

Man . . . you’re right! This is harder than I thought!

1. The Rolling Stones

8.Guns’N Roses

1. Aerosmith

2. One Direction

I was Band 8 with everything in 50-70% + (>70%Der and <50%Ai) I think I did better this year According to CFA-- “We have divided the group of candidates who did not pass into 10 approximately equal score bands” This means that it’s possible someone in Band 9 got the same score as someone is Band 10… If you assume that most people that Fail are concentrated at the middle of the normal distribtuion For example… If the the MPS Fail cutoff is 64%… The range of Fail scores is 0%-64%…You can further narrow the range since It would be very difficult to score below ~25% since that’s below random guessing… Most people that failed score between 50% and 64%… If you have to divide those that failed into 10 equal bands… It makes sense to me that the difference between Band 8 and 10 is very close and may overlap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXzbUZt_yMA

didn’t expect you old finance geezers to get the reference

wink

SHoot85 for the win.

Y’all skipped #6.

nah, we just that you were referencing this band with your "??? ": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7uC5m-IRns

I’m failrly sure that including both The Rolling Stones and One Direction in the same forums post violated one of the laws of physics or something.

Not sure about physics, but including One Direction certainly violated my rules of good taste and music. :slight_smile:

lmao laugh

Is that based on the number of candidates or on the number fo correct answers?