100 days untill the December exam .. Where do you stand?

I’m still left with the first reading of CF, PM, Equity and Ethics. Planning to finish all that by next month.

ethics-read once. FRA finishing this sunday. will be doing quant & FI together from monday. All the rest …well… resting in my bookshelf.

Quant done, will finish Eco this weekend. How are u all fairing in the QA at the end of the chapters? I think i am doing ok… not sure… i get 90% correct most times… but a bit nervous as to how i will do in the sample exams… where all chapters will b mixed up…i feel like i am back in grade school :smiley: (get nervous abt every small thing) …except every day is exam day. Good luck to every one. Buzz

Done with Quant and Econ. Will review those 2 over the weekend and start FRA Monday.

Read FRA once, now reading Quant (plan to finish quant by the end of this month) That leaves Econ, derivatives and AI, equity and FI, ethics, corporate finance and portfolio management all for the next 2 months. I really want to have all of November for review/ practice exams. :S

Done with Quant, FA, CF, and PM … Got Econ, equity, fixed income, derivatives and AI, and ethics left … planning to keep nov. for mock exams and solve EOC for kaplan Omar

Did Ethics, Quant, Econ, and half way through FRA. Getting 70-80% on passmaster and EOC in CFAI books. Going to the Stalla classes each week keeps me regimented. Will be done with run through by late October and have all November for test and mastering of the material. Good luck to all. Peter Olinto is the man BTW

done reading all books expect FRA. Half way through FRA. Plan to finish that book next weekend. Then will be re reading Quant because i feel like i dont rememeber a thing from that book. Then have a strict plan for end of sept through oct. Each week i review the top 6 section of the exam. (equity / fixed income / quant / FRA / Econmics / ethics) then all of nov will be qbanks and mock exams with further review on weak areas. Anyone else feeling like they dont rememeber stuff from the first couple books you read?

Johnnyboyasu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > done reading all books expect FRA. Half way > through FRA. Plan to finish that book next > weekend. Then will be re reading Quant because i > feel like i dont rememeber a thing from that book. > Then have a strict plan for end of sept through > oct. Each week i review the top 6 section of the > exam. (equity / fixed income / quant / FRA / > Econmics / ethics) then all of nov will be qbanks > and mock exams with further review on weak areas. > > > Anyone else feeling like they dont rememeber stuff > from the first couple books you read? I feel the same way, I think I forgot all of a book. Im about to start ethics, then Im done with all books. Guess start taking mocks after that.

Started a few weeks ago. Done with QM, Econ and halfway through FRA right now.

Johnnyboyasu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > done reading all books expect FRA. Half way > through FRA. Plan to finish that book next > weekend. Then will be re reading Quant because i > feel like i dont rememeber a thing from that book. > Then have a strict plan for end of sept through > oct. Each week i review the top 6 section of the > exam. (equity / fixed income / quant / FRA / > Econmics / ethics) then all of nov will be qbanks > and mock exams with further review on weak areas. > > > Anyone else feeling like they dont rememeber stuff > from the first couple books you read? Yes, I totally feel that way. Reading it once doesn’t seem like quite enough. I think doing tons of practice Q’s will help retain some of the knowledge, through repetition. I’m feeling a bit intimidated when it comes to memorizing all of these formulas! Any tips?

I’ve read through everything but Econ and Equity/Fixed Income. My plan is to just read everything concentrating on understanding the concepts and the theory behind the calculations. I have spent almost zero time on formula work, i figure the exam is so far away i’ll lose them anyway. Then in October and November got through all of the LOS with calculate while doing mocks, to really shine up my formula work. I agree though that reading it once means you forget it in a week. I blasted through the books in the past two months but it feels like the knowledge is slipping.

ktithecott Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve read through everything but Econ and > Equity/Fixed Income. My plan is to just read > everything concentrating on understanding the > concepts and the theory behind the calculations. I > have spent almost zero time on formula work, i > figure the exam is so far away i’ll lose them > anyway. Then in October and November got through > all of the LOS with calculate while doing mocks, > to really shine up my formula work. I agree though > that reading it once means you forget it in a > week. I blasted through the books in the past two > months but it feels like the knowledge is > slipping. Hmm that’s a pretty good point. I think doing a ton of Q’s in November will be the most pivotal to learning the formulas. No point stressing too hard over it yet.

Have covered Quant and Econ (generally; both are largely review); am starting FRA Study Session 9 right now. Am a few weeks behind where I expected to be by this point. Not too much trouble with understanding the material so far, but concerned about remembering it all.

I’ve taken 66 Qbank practice exams, my last 17 have been 90%+. My Schweser practice exam scores are: V1.1.AM - 66% V1.1.PM - 83% V1.2.AM - 85% I really need to focus on ethics and econ over the next 1-2 months.

I finished quant last week, but i been focusing on practice exam since i am having a hard time with that section. I will start eco today. I feel like i am press for time!

you guys have done quite a bit! ive still got ethics, half of econ, corp fin portfolio & equity, fixed income. derivatives & alt investments to go.

Finished Ethics,FRA. fixed income finishing this weekend. halfway through quant. will try to finish equity by end of Sept and CF AI &quant by Oct 15.that leaves PM, Econ,derivatives to be finished by Nov 1st week.not like i would have wanted but that’s the way it is.

i have just read the first 200 pages of FRA, that it. feeling pretty behind based on the comments here! should be ok though, i hope :slight_smile:

Finished quant, econ, FRA, corp finance, and portfolio management…been occasionally doing Q-Bank cumulative questions and CFAI EOC questions. Going to start equity today. Quant and econ appears to be a pest of mine.