2/22/10 Dow

Dow closed at 7,114.78 today. Where do you think the Dow will be 1 year from now? At least above the 9500 range?

gonna go with 6000-6500. then hit 9000ish by late 2010. then hit 4000 by late 2011.

So I was wondering why no one had posted anything about Dow yet. Remember when we said that Dow 8000 is sticky and market violently comes back to it when it dips below it? Now we are close to 7000. I think one year from now we will be in a worse situation. Here is the reason: the govt is not allowing any type of failure. Banks, companies, and homeowners are being rescued without reasoning. The tire has bursted open but we are keeping our hand on the cut in the tube, instead of letting it deflate, repairing it and then inflating again. Market perceives that. I do think some parties are manipulating the market as well but until teh right steps are taken by the govt, we cant really say that all of it is manipulation.

…then hit 1000 by mid 2012. Face it, the beginning of the end is here…

I think it is kind of pointless to throw out a number because the Dow could easily be up or down 20% in any given month with this kind of whipsawing going on. So on 2/22/10 the Dow could be at 7000, but a week later it could be at 8000, and the week before it could’ve been at 6000.

I told my boss at our Christmas party I though we’d be down 15% in '09. The market couldn’t even make it 2 months before hitting that mark. I still think we could finish -15% for '09 but we’ll drift lower in the meantime. I probably wouldn’t bat an eye if the DJIA hit 6500. I wish the media would get away from using the DJIA as a performance benchmark. A price weighted index is too misleading nowadays.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think it is kind of pointless to throw out a > number because the Dow could easily be up or down > 20% in any given month with this kind of > whipsawing going on. So on 2/22/10 the Dow could > be at 7000, but a week later it could be at 8000, > and the week before it could’ve been at 6000. yep Chuckrox8 wrote: I wish the media would get away from using the DJIA as a performance benchmark. A price weighted index is too misleading nowadays Yeah, I think if Citi doubled in market value, they dow would change like 30 points.

about as long as the bread line on William & Maiden St.

Why dont they just ban short selling in Bear Markets?

There will be a huge rally tomorrow though…way oversold.

louisvillegrad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There will be a huge rally tomorrow though…way > oversold. I have to agree. I like watching SKF, ultra short financial, I’m sure you’re familiar louisville it doesn’t hover around that $200 mark very long. There will be a 350+ point day rally this week followed by new multiyear lows.

I’m adding to my credit exposure on every leg down.

I hate to be the optimist in the crowd but I have and continue to see easy the Dow and S&P500 [and TSX] up 25% from current levels…possibly 30% on the simple premise that investors are by and large yield seeking and will really soon get really tired of earning next to nothing on large cash stock piles. Willy

Just admit to yourselves. The DOW is actually going to go negative in late 2009, and in early 2010, its going to be an honest-to-god imaginary number. Oh yeah, I’m talking square root of a negative number. That’s right, you heard it here first.