"20 Lottery Winners Who Blew It All"

Screw that, why win then? When I win tonight, I can pretty much guarantee that at least $10 - $15 MM will be blown within the first 6 months on cars, houses and trips. I’m pretty sure I’ll manage to get by on the $100+ MM that’s left after my initial spending spree.

Damn, I didn’t even think about a helicopter. Make that $15MM - $20MM blown in the first 6 months.

Last year, my company was trying to build out some part of the business and they hired some BSD who actually took a helicopter to work. It was one of those services where four or five guys go into the same helicopter. Apparently, this guy was kind of a dick and no one liked him, so he left later. But anyway, I heard there were some conversation where the group head was like “BSD, I need to talk to you about ABC, it’s super important”. And then, the guy was like “Sorry, I have to get on the helicopter. Bye.” Then the boss, who was staying late himself and taking the train later is like “FUUuuuuuu…”

Yeah, my goal is to only travel by private jet and helicopter. Even small trips to the grocery store. I’d land (obviously I mean my pilot woud land) my helicopter on the roof of Costco. I’d rappel down the front of the store and jump through the automatic doors. Calmly do my shopping. Then give all my groceries to my personal sherpa to haul back onto the roof and load into my helicopter. I’d fly away leaving the sherpa on the roof (who wants to talk to a sherpa on the way home?) and just buy a new one for my next Costco outing.

^And bidets in every room in the house? Or is that already a reality?

Bidet in my helicopter.

I’d go live it up in amsterdam until I run out of money then, come back here and ask advice if I should take CAIA or FRM next.

The golf course I used to belong to is located about a mile from Vernon Hill’s NJ home (he’s the former head of Commerce Bancorp). Vern has a helipad and would regularly commute into Philly via helicopter, which violated local noise ordinances. As a result, Vern paid a $2,500 fine every time he landed or took off from his house.

I’d invest it all in the construction of the largest gravestone ever built. It would rank as a wonder of the world and ensure everyone knows the BWYF Monument for generations to come.

I wonder how big of a pyramid you could build…

If you live in a prevailing wage state, not that big.

i am extremely frugal. My biggest concern would be all the people hitting me up for money then when I put a limit on what I give them they would call be a monster. Even now, I get a lot of “it must be nice” and “why do you get that?” comments said in a snide tone from family whenever I buy/do something they can’t afford.

i don’t care what others think, people always have their comments, as long as i know i am not hurting anyone and i am doing what makes me happy i can care less what they think of me.

It’s time for a spinoff.

Alas, I didn’t win. However, I’m still interested in buying the WC. Chad, I’m not as flush with cash as I was hoping to be this morning, but I do have a $20 Chipolte gift card (about $6 remaining) and a bricked xbox 360 I’ll trade you. Feel free to PM me the transaction details.

I got the mega ball on one of my tickets!!!

Throw in a paper clip and it’s a deal

I always feel bad for the people who win big then lose it. I don’t want to just call them an idiot because without being put in that situation you can’t really say for certain what you would do. The things I don’t get is why someone would keep 745,000 sitting in a car? It really just blows my mind how you could have so little regard for money.

Yeah, in case it hasn’t been said already – it seems like the kind of people who would buy lottery tickets aren’t the kind of people who know how to handle money.

^ the lottery is a tax on the poor and stupid. I don’t mean the people who buy a bunch of tickets in the office or occasionally buy a ticket and casually check it. Something that supports my stupid argument is the fact that when the jackpot gets to a certain level, people flock to buy tickets dreaming of the money. $10 million= they can’t get off my couch. $50 million= they’ll buy 10 tickets.