$200,000 in Toronto

For asset management, is this a good pay day to plateau out at? Willy

?

Will, your posts have been fantastic of late… I would say $200K would be bad to quite bad. I’ll take a guess and say you’re speaking of the investment counselor side of asset management, and that is probably below the median pay of ICs in Toronto.

You should have asked Bill Hill or Jeff Winstanely when you were at the Leafs game with them.

Why did I not come up with that zinger, grunt? Well played.

Thanks, Turkish. But at least he has some real info now :wink:

Has anyone googled Bill or Jeff?

Ha! I just Googled “Jeff Winstanely,” which is how Willy listed it and all I got was my post on AF. I think it was a typo in Willy’s post - Jeff Winstanley is a regional sales manager at RBC Asset Mgmt. Uh oh… Now this post might show up on Google. Good going, Willy.

Regional Sales Manager? So like a wholesaler? Will, what’s the deal?

I’m willing to bet a couple of grand that willy is a headhunter. Guy drops names everywhere he can, asks idiotic question that at this supposed level are just retarded and gives out his e-mail to all the young guys on here. Can you imagine a senior guy working at a FOF asking whether $200K is ceiling in TO ? Willy, come out dude. There’s nothing wrong in being a Headhunter.

Will the headhunter…nah, I don’t see it.

MC Mario Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m willing to bet a couple of grand that willy is > a headhunter. > > Guy drops names everywhere he can, asks idiotic > question that at this supposed level are just > retarded and gives out his e-mail to all the young > guys on here. Can you imagine a senior guy working > at a FOF asking whether $200K is ceiling in TO ? > > Willy, come out dude. There’s nothing wrong in > being a Headhunter. Well done.

Hope WillyR enjoyed the Leafs’ game with Winstanely/Hill, 'coz that might have been his last one. Dudes, we’re baaaaad.

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For asset management, is this a good pay day to > plateau out at? > > Willy Part B of this question is obviously: Fellas, If I have Swiss Chalet for lunch today, will I be satisfied?

No I’m not a headhunter. I just know Jeff and Bill because they took me to the Leafs game a few times and I just thought someone on here was looking for a job with RBC Asset Management. Secondly, $200,000 might very well be a ceiling depending on the firm. $10 Billion AUM isn’t the same thing as $50 billion AUM so I’m not sure what the snarky comments are for? Just trying to help. Willy

Hey Will, sorry about the snarky comments, but now you’re changing your question. You asked if it’s the ceiling in Toronto, not if it were the ceiling for firms

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too Turkish. No you’re right $10 Billion AUM is a pretty decent sized shop in CAnada. Willy

on a different note …how many of you have joined the CFA society in T.O …how good is thier job board for people with limited experience ??

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They tend to hire ex-analysts or promote from > within. You can call Bill Hill or Jeff > Winstanely…actually they’re taking me to the > Leaf game tomorrow so I can casually mention to > them your interest. I’d have to see your resume > first, there is NO WAY I am forwarding a BOMs > resume to one of my best managers. Just not gonna > happen. Willy, it is generally a bad idea to list people’s names on AF, whether colleagues or people with whom you associate at other firms. But besides that, why would one pick up the phone and call a salesguy at RBC about a PM assistant role? It’s nonsensical - hence, the snarky comments.

Nonsensical indeed.