2007 AM Test Q#3

Not sure if anyone else has this test… but for those who have already done it or have it are the descriptions for psychological traps correct?

Did they expand categorization of these traps since 2007? I just felt like there were better answers maybe then what the guideline answers suggest.

thoughts?

I just did this exam today and got mixed up on that question - I concetrated on behavioural biases instead of psychological traps and got a big fat zero for that question…I mean how that guy fearing regret of missing another market bottom isn;t…well…fear of regret, I’ll never know.

So yeah - maybe make sure you are distinguishing properly between behavioural biases of individuals and psychological traps of analysts.

your psychological traps…

ASCORP

Anchoring

Status Quo

Confirming Evidence

Overconfidence

Recallability

Prudence

Ah ok that’s what I did… and psychological traps are mainly for analysts correct?

Thats how I understand it yes - they fall under “Potential Issues in Forecasting” from the curriculum and well, I guess it’s mainly analysts who do the forecasting right?

Not to be confused with the behaviorial biases, CCHIR-FAMA & LOSERS. I have so many stupid acronyms memorized at this point that I might as well remember ASCORP.

^what are CCHIR-FAMA & Losers?

Conservatism

Confirmation

Hindsight

Illusion of control

Representativeness

Framing

Anchoring

Mental accounting

Availability

&

Loss aversion

Overconfidence

Self-control

Endowment

Regret

Status quo

So, CCHIR = Cognitive Error/Belief perseverance, FAMA=Cognitive Error/Information processing and Losers = emotional bias

Jeez.