2008 BSAS Results --- WOW!!!---

Hi guys, I took the BSAS exams last weekend. The results was good, but maybe not so good… AM 84% PM 74% Then took the 2006 CFA exam (the first one on Book 7): 84% May I believe I 'm in a sort of “guaranteed range” for the exam? Who knows…

“guaranteed range” does not exist.

If you are complaining about these results there may be consequences…

WTF is a guaranteed range?

I’m not complaining, of course! But I’m not feeling as Superman… …there is not a guaranteed range, as ozzy609 says…

The bad news is that BSAS was way too easy this year. I’ve seen people score 90%+ on this one where in Schweser book 6 they barely scored higher than 70%. The 2006 exam result is very good, though, congratulations. The pass confirmation is at CFA’s discretion, though, Saturday is when it has to happen.

I agree that BSAS was way too easy this year. I thought 2006 seemed way too easy too. I wish I could say the same about the mocks and samples.

What is BSAS?

Boston Securities Analyst Society. They put out a well respected mock exam annually.

Actually BSAS seems a little too easy this year… What about the Book 7, guys? Some weeks ago I performed quite low in all the 3 exams (about 68% on average). Do you think it would be useful to re-take them, just to make sure to full understand the wrong answers (those I failed last time)?

Reviewing your mistakes is always the key to success. So you should be scoring 90%+ if you retake them a few weeks later.

It was exactly what happened yesterday when I tried to take again the 1AM exam on Book7 --> 92% But I was not sure if I was doing the right thing…it seems so stupid taking a same test twice!

it’s actually quite good. It means you have learnt from your mistakes. It’s not really the score you make, it’s knowing that you can conceptuallise the right answers or calculate them. That’ll come in real handy on Saturday.

Thank you, mcpass! I wish it would be all fine on Saturday…for me and all of you, guys!

jlpalu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi guys, > > I took the BSAS exams last weekend. The results > was good, but maybe not so good… > AM 84% > PM 74% > > Then took the 2006 CFA exam (the first one on > Book 7): > 84% > > May I believe I 'm in a sort of “guaranteed range” > for the exam? Who knows… I officially declare you are in guaranteed range. SO WHAT?

This thread is useless.