2008 curriculum - books included?

Hey folks, I’m new to the board. I recently registered for the level 1 exam in June and was wondering if anyone knows if the books are actually included for the 2008 curriculum? I thought I may have read this somewhere, but it may have just been for levels 2 and/or 3. The following is a snippet from my confirmation of enrolment email from CFAI: ***************************RECEIPT*************************** Quantity Item -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 Level I CFA Examination 1 CFA Exam Enrollment June 2008 1 Level I Online Sample Exam June 1 Level I Curriculum June 2008 So I’m just wondering if this actually includes the 6 books? Someone taking the level 2 exam stated that they received the books, so I assume this may be the same for us level 1 folks? I’ll probably end up using Schweser notes anyways, but it would definitely be great to have the actual books for reference if I encounter any problems, or if i choose not to get the schweser notes. If anyone can clarify this, it’d be appreciated. I could probably call them to ask them, but I’m too lazy and they’re probably closed today. :slight_smile:

yes, they’re included.

Great, and thanks for not replying with ‘use the frackin search fuction!!111!one!!’. I’ve tried using it on a couple of occasions and it was a mess. That being said, that the books are included (how much did they cost before being included?), and now that they are being included, is it still worth it to shell out the dough to get the schweser notes?

SomewhatDamaged Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Great, and thanks for not replying with ‘use the > frackin search fuction!!111!one!!’. > > I’ve tried using it on a couple of occasions and > it was a mess. What he should of wrote was if you can’t figure it out on your own, you prob won’t have much a chance at L 1 :slight_smile:

yankees, FYI “should’ve” is an abbreviation of “should have”, not “should of”, and yet you passed LII this year… so let’s not rush to conclusions on the relationship between posting stupid sh- on AF and passing these exams… We’ve (BTW that means “we have” not “we of”) all posted dumb stuff in the forums, but I’d like to see us work to ensure AF serves as a constructive platform for learning and debate, even if some posts seem ridiculous or demonstrate lack of initiative by the author. I’ve come down too hard on a few folks, regretted it, and subsequently apologized. In any case, talking a little trash is fun from time to time, but at least ensure your own post is tidy when you’re chastising the LI candidates. LI candidates, keep those questions coming.

yankees98a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SomewhatDamaged Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Great, and thanks for not replying with ‘use > the > > frackin search fuction!!111!one!!’. > > > > I’ve tried using it on a couple of occasions > and > > it was a mess. > > > What he should of wrote was if you can’t figure it > out on your own, you prob won’t have much a chance > at L 1 :slight_smile: It’s ok if I don’t pass (I probably will), but at least I haven’t sacrificed my literacy in the process. I wonder which one is more important in life - Knowing how to use a poorly functioning search feature, or being fairly literate. A search button won’t help you on the exams, my friend. I don’t care if you’ve got your charter, its a pretty shit argument, even if you were being sarcastic. :slight_smile:

he’s a Yankees fan… what did you expect? GO SOX!

GO JAYS! *hides face in shame* GO RAPTORS!

aww SomewhatDamaged is a fellow Torontonian :slight_smile:

lola Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > aww SomewhatDamaged is a fellow Torontonian :slight_smile: Well, I could be a big basketball and baseball fan from another city (since canada only has one team in each league), but alas, I am a Torontonian. Seems like there’s a large toronto presence on this board, though it’s not surprising considering we have the 5th largest population in north america. Anyways, now that you’ve divulged where you’re from, I’ll be counting on you. :slight_smile:

Read through any thread on this forum and you will learn that (english) literacy is not coming at a premium. Some of these posts are truly painful.