2008 ER total comp

I’m 24… I don’t think it’s really that unusual.

I work in ER. I’m not going to post by exact numbers, but my base is modestly higher than yours. To IHIHM, it’s really not that difficult to clear six figures if you are front office finance in NYC. It took a while to get my base over 100k, but including bonus I was well over it by 26. Keep in mind I went to a state school, so I had to work through various jobs roles after graduating before landing an IB gig. On a side note, res420 did you go full-time or part time? I’m currently going to NYU stern part time.

So basically, IF you live in NYC + IF you join a “bulge bracket” (whatever that is) + IF you’re “front office” (whatever that means) + IF you work long hours + IF it’s a bull market, then maybe you clear 100K in your mid-20’s. So that just leaves the other 999,500 twenty-somethings who don’t live in NYC and don’t work long hours at a “bulge bracket” in the"front office" during a bull market.

What’s considered long hours? I’m just curious. I work <50, but I would think this is on the short side?

I am 25 yrs ( just turned BTW) 6 digit base (Bonus varies) in TX its not unusual IHIHM!

SanFranCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What’s considered long hours? > > I’m just curious. I work <50, but I would think > this is on the short side? Those are pretty good hours for a young person. I do 50-55 on average and consider those hours to be pretty short. The people across the floor who do equity/credit research seem to stay here much longer.

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SanFranCFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What’s considered long hours? > > > > I’m just curious. I work <50, but I would > think > > this is on the short side? > > Those are pretty good hours for a young person. I > do 50-55 on average and consider those hours to be > pretty short. The people across the floor who do > equity/credit research seem to stay here much > longer. Are you on the trading side? For some reason, that’s what I remember- but it may have been a different person.

edgeraz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am 25 yrs ( just turned BTW) > 6 digit base (Bonus varies) > in TX > > its not unusual IHIHM! hiring? :wink:

Dermot, I went part-time.

Dermot, would you mind sharing your 2008 bonus numbers ? ballpark range ?

res420 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dermot, > > would you mind sharing your 2008 bonus numbers ? > ballpark range ? 2007: 40-60K 2008: 10-30K 2009: ?

Thanks Dermot. I am assuming that it’s not a BB ( please , no discussion on what that means anymore )

res420 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > given the dearth of replies, that’s what it seems > like. I work in ER, but no, Im not going to share comp. details…

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bottom line, if you’re 3 years out of school, MBA > or not, CFA or not, you are not making $100,000. I > don’t care if you or your cousin’s best friend’s > sister’s boyfriend’s illegitimate uncle is a front > office, 23 hour-a-day banker living in New York, > Kansas City, Fidelity, or any other “high paying” > city, you are not making $100,000. Period, end of > story. I would disagree with that statement.

I would disagree with your intelligence.

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would disagree with your intelligence. Dude, can you please explain why you are so bitter that there are some 25 yr olds on here that make 100k ( I assume you are talking all in, as nobody in banking cares about what another guy’s “base” is, b/c it really doesnt matter). I would say 25 may be tough, but mid - late twenties there are plenty who make A LOT more than 100k a year. I know b/c I and my co-workers are some of them. No, Im not trying to gloat or anything but don’t discourage ppl who are attempting to carve into this business (I happen to be in ER, and no, not in NYC). This business can and still is very lucrative if youre commited and good at what you do. Pls. post some details, b/c I have a feeling youre in your mid twenties and are choked that ppl here are making more than you or something. Relax, and deal with it.

Its not a matter of intelligence, its a matter of fact.

Canadianloco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iheartiheartmath Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I would disagree with your intelligence. > > > Dude, can you please explain why you are so bitter > that there are some 25 yr olds on here that make > 100k ( I assume you are talking all in, as nobody > in banking cares about what another guy’s “base” > is, b/c it really doesnt matter). I would say 25 > may be tough, but mid - late twenties there are > plenty who make A LOT more than 100k a year. I > know b/c I and my co-workers are some of them. > No, Im not trying to gloat or anything but don’t > discourage ppl who are attempting to carve into > this business (I happen to be in ER, and no, not > in NYC). This business can and still is very > lucrative if youre commited and good at what you > do. > > Pls. post some details, b/c I have a feeling youre > in your mid twenties and are choked that ppl here > are making more than you or something. Relax, and > deal with it. Don’t worry canadianloco, those thoughts are shared by a number of people on this forum. I think it must have something to do with the guy having great insecurities and a vapid existence. Seems like he feels threatened by those that have more meaningful professional experiences than his own.

i just want to have numis forehand.

EMHdenied Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > numi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 5-6+ years out - $275K+ > > > > unfortunately, won’t make near that because of > > crap deal flow, oh well. fail > > indirect brag FTW!