2008 Exam

Just took 2008 exam and scored 60% in it. IPS questions were easy but other questions totally effed me. I have started getting worried now as even after taking couple of exams, I have not scored beyond 60-65% in AM exam. Average is more like 55-58%. What’s your average score?

Pupdawg82 2008 is definitely one of the difficult AM exams. 60% is not bad at all. Enough time left to improve on weak areas.

How are you grading yourself on those? Do you base it on how many minutes each section should have to determine how many points should be assigned to each part of the question?

Schweser provides you good guidelines about grading. I am using the same guidelines to assign minutes (for partial and full) for AM exams as per schweser. I am not taking full marks even though my answers matches to their guidelines and taking partial credits for those. I am taking conservative approach in grading myself as I know those SOBs may do the same after June.

pupdawg82, Have you taken the 09 old exam for practice? If not, please do so. I have done both last two weeks. I consider the 09 an even harder one–full of surprises and somewhat ambiguity. I failed 09 last yr in my 1st try and will take it again this June. Your way to do the 3 hr. practice exam is the right way to go.

James, I haven’t done 2009 yet. Saving it for last week or closer to the exam day. What was your score last year in major sections like IPS? What Band you were in?

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > James, > > I haven’t done 2009 yet. Saving it for last week > or closer to the exam day. > > What was your score last year in major sections > like IPS? What Band you were in? pupdawg82, I was in Band 10 last year. You can see my score in the following thread: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,1046381,1046872#msg-1046872 I did poorly in IPS, however, it was the portion that I spent most time in the exam. I still don’t know what I missed big time. I ended up having to rush through the last 1/3 of AM exam since I spent too much time in the IPS. In conclusion, my time management needs an improvement as well. Now I am planning to practise full 3 hr. straight on Schwezer practice exams in May; I didn’t do this last yr. If you have Schwezer practice exams, I would say saving them closer to the exam day in May. CFAI 2009 exam is the one may raise your eyebrows repeatedly. Therefore, you may not want to wait till the last week to see the true face of this beast. This is just how I feel.