2009 CFA Exam morning

just did this and scored about a 63%…really depressing… once again the IPS stuff killed me… what did you guys think of this exam? I am pretty comfortable with the afternoon sessions but just cannot seem to get over the morning hump…2007 morning was really hard, 2008 did not seem so bad, and now 2009 seemed difficult again… how did everyone else do on this?

I did try the 2009 am and struggled with the IPS stuff too. Where did you get the afternoon session of the exam? On the CFAI website, there are only essay type questions? Thanks

63% 3 weeks before the exam sounds pretty darn ok. Take the last week before the exam off, get that % above 80%, and get ready to rock!

boston, To this point I’ve only taken the 2007 exam and scored approx 69%. IPS stuff can get tricky, especially the return calcs. Last week though, I asked myself, what if I dedicate 3 hard days and can master IPS, would that be worth it? Hells yeah! So, I did exactly that, re-read the CFA readings (which really are not that long, especially on your 3rd go round, ha!) did all the EOCs and all of the Schweser study session problems. Then started with the IPS problems on old pre-2006 exams and you know what? I feel pretty damn good about it all right now.

where did you get pre-2006 exam qns from?

tkchunc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 63% 3 weeks before the exam sounds pretty darn > ok. > > Take the last week before the exam off, get that % > above 80%, and get ready to rock! Agree with tkchunc. 63% is pretty encouraging. I am a L3 retaker and 09 AM exam was a difficult one among all the other years’ AM, mock, sample and Schwezer practice.

boston21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > just did this and scored about a 63%…really > depressing… once again the IPS stuff killed > me… what did you guys think of this exam? I am > pretty comfortable with the afternoon sessions but > just cannot seem to get over the morning > hump…2007 morning was really hard, 2008 did not > seem so bad, and now 2009 seemed difficult > again… how did everyone else do on this? To put your mind at ease - I took 2009 and if you scored 63% in the morning you would pass because the afternoon was MUCH easier. Hang on in the morning and kill the PM.

mwvt9 Wrote: > To put your mind at ease - I took 2009 and if you > scored 63% in the morning you would pass because > the afternoon was MUCH easier. > > Hang on in the morning and kill the PM. boston21 I scored all >70% in the PM except Ethics with b/t 50% & 70% last yr and the AM brought me down to a “Fail” in the band 10. That is how tough is the 2009 AM. I would celebrate if I score 63% on this thing even if redo it 2nd time…

Hate to repeat everyone else, but I agree with the posters above. The 2009 morning was brutal, 63% is a great score. Work through a couple of your mistakes and you will be ready to dominate.

Well these posts make me feel better to say the least… I just feel like it is so hit or miss with these IPS statements… just gotta pray that the version that shows up on june 5 is one that I am familiar with… going to be a long weekend of doing nothing but IPS problems

For the people who took both 2008 and 2009 on exam day, which morning session was tougher? I passed 2008 by the skin of my teeth, and I don’t think I’ve ever been more flustered in my life than I was in the last hour of that morning session. The time pressure was insane. I agree with the consensus here - scratch, fight, and claw for every point you can get on the morning session, because that will make or break you. If you know your stuff, the afternoon will seem like a walk in the park, relatively. Also, free advice: make sure to lower your fluid intake before the morning session. You might not be able to afford a two-minute bathroom break. I drank too much water beforehand, and I spent the last hour not just flustered, but with my legs crossed.