2009 = Lowest LIII pass rate of all time

Did you know that? http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/pdf/candidate_results.pdf 2007 was close, but 2009 takes the cake (at least for now).

That is a huge accomplishment! Congrats to you and me!

I expect that the rate will go even lower.

mpnoonan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That is a huge accomplishment! Congrats to you > and me! Me thinks this is sarcasm, but I am not sure.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I expect that the rate will go even lower. I do too.

good job. Same thing happened to L2. One of the lowest ever.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mpnoonan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > That is a huge accomplishment! Congrats to you > > and me! > > Me thinks this is sarcasm, but I am not sure. Not at all. I was serious.

agree the pass rate is only headed lower. the absolute # of passers increased pretty substantially and I think this is what CFAI is trying to control.

lowest of all time… pretty unreal. how the f did i pass?

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lowest of all time… pretty unreal. how the f did > i pass? You are a hunter/killer but don’t believe it.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lowest of all time… pretty unreal. how the f did > i pass? I was thinking the same thing about myself.

I’m thinking I must have been right on the border and fell on the right side of the line. Haven’t done the estimated score yet if it exists. Just happy it’s over!

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfasf1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > lowest of all time… pretty unreal. how the f > did > > i pass? > > You are a hunter/killer but don’t believe it. Trent: You know what you are? You’re like a big bear with claws and with fangs… Sue: …big f-ing teeth, man. Trent: Yeah… big f-in’ teeth on ya’. And Level 3’s just like this little bunny, who’s just kinda cowering in the corner. Sue: Shivering. Trent: Yeah, man just kinda… you know, you got these claws and you’re staring at these claws and your thinking to yourself, and with these claws you’re thinking, “How am I supposed to kill this bunny, how am I supposed to kill this bunny?” Sue: And you’re poking at it, you’re poking at it… Trent: Yeah, you’re not hurting it. You’re just kinda gently batting the bunny around, you know what I mean? And the bunny’s scared cfasf1, the bunny’s scared of you, shivering. Sue: And you got these f-ing claws and these fangs… Trent: And you got these f-ing claws and these fangs, man! And you’re looking at your claws and you’re looking at your fangs. And you’re thinking to yourself, you know what to do, man. “I know how to kill the bunny.” With *this* you know how to kill the bunny, do you know what I mean? Sue: You’re like a big bear, man. cfasf1: So you’re not just like f-ing with me? Trent: No I’m not f-ing with you. Sue: Honestly, man. Oh man, couldn’t resist. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117802/quotes

swingers…

hiredguns1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > cfasf1 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > lowest of all time… pretty unreal. how the f > > did > > > i pass? > > > > You are a hunter/killer but don’t believe it. > > > Trent: You know what you are? You’re like a big > bear with claws and with fangs… > Sue: …big f-ing teeth, man. > Trent: Yeah… big f-in’ teeth on ya’. And Level > 3’s just like this little bunny, who’s just kinda > cowering in the corner. > Sue: Shivering. > Trent: Yeah, man just kinda… you know, you got > these claws and you’re staring at these claws and > your thinking to yourself, and with these claws > you’re thinking, “How am I supposed to kill this > bunny, how am I supposed to kill this bunny?” > Sue: And you’re poking at it, you’re poking at > it… > Trent: Yeah, you’re not hurting it. You’re just > kinda gently batting the bunny around, you know > what I mean? And the bunny’s scared cfasf1, the > bunny’s scared of you, shivering. > Sue: And you got these f-ing claws and these > fangs… > Trent: And you got these f-ing claws and these > fangs, man! And you’re looking at your claws and > you’re looking at your fangs. And you’re thinking > to yourself, you know what to do, man. “I know how > to kill the bunny.” With *this* you know how to > kill the bunny, do you know what I mean? > Sue: You’re like a big bear, man. > cfasf1: So you’re not just like f-ing with me? > Trent: No I’m not f-ing with you. > Sue: Honestly, man. > > > Oh man, couldn’t resist. > > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117802/quotes beat me to it. an all-time scene.

hiredguns1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Oh man, couldn’t resist. > > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117802/quotes Ahhhhhhhh! IMDB is now blocked by my IT department, those b@stards.

Can somebody explain to me how can you have total number of L2 candiates be more than total number of people who passed L1? I’m talking about very last row. 295k passed L1 and there are 328k L2 candidates.

CFA=NOLIFE Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can somebody explain to me how can you have total > number of L2 candiates be more than total number > of people who passed L1? I’m talking about very > last row. 295k passed L1 and there are 328k L2 > candidates. Retakers. You only count once as a pass, you can count multiple times in the total.

And for the first time ever, more people failed the L3 exam than passed. (Could have happened in 2007 at 50%, but there were exactly (only) 21 more passers than failers).

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA=NOLIFE Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Can somebody explain to me how can you have > total > > number of L2 candiates be more than total > number > > of people who passed L1? I’m talking about very > > last row. 295k passed L1 and there are 328k L2 > > candidates. > > > Retakers. You only count once as a pass, you can > count multiple times in the total. Duhhh, thanks, I knew I was missing something.