2010 Mock Exam

anybody have an errata for this mock exam?

i’m looking for it too.

Mock 2010 PM #27 the answer is A, 192 (not 100% sure about this one) #43 the answer is B, 53.6% (fairly certain)

http://www.cfainstitute.org/mycfa/candidate/Resources/studyaids/practice/Documents/2011_mock_exam_errata.pdf

I need links to CFAI 2010 mock exams. Does anyone here have it and can share please?

the question 49 and 51 errors really f$cked with me

tiredofstudying Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mock 2010 PM > #27 the answer is A, 192 (not 100% sure about this > one) > #43 the answer is B, 53.6% (fairly certain) In 43, i think the answer is 46.4 There is a typo in the answer, the amount of retained income is 53.6

i think #60 on the 2010 afternoon mock is also wrong. isn’t this statement wrong? Each stock’s weight in the active portfolio is determined on the basis of it’s alpha, beta, and variance. I thought beta isn’t required for solve for the weights of alpha in the active portfolio. Am i not getting something here?

I have the 2010 errata. #43 Should be B. That’s the only error.

i didn’t understand that either… cause the weight of each asset in the active pf is a function of it’s alpha and it’s unsystematic variance … the only way it sorta makes sense is you need beta to calc alpha since you use beta in your CAPM return. and since risk free rate and market risk premium is the same for all assets, they wouldn’t matter … theCFAway Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i think #60 on the 2010 afternoon mock is also > wrong. > > isn’t this statement wrong? > Each stock’s weight in the active portfolio is > determined on the basis of it’s alpha, beta, and > variance. > > I thought beta isn’t required for solve for the > weights of alpha in the active portfolio. Am i not > getting something here?

theCFAway Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i think #60 on the 2010 afternoon mock is also > wrong. > > isn’t this statement wrong? > Each stock’s weight in the active portfolio is > determined on the basis of it’s alpha, beta, and > variance. > > I thought beta isn’t required for solve for the > weights of alpha in the active portfolio. Am i not > getting something here? Same question asked in 2011 mock AM #23. Why beta is included? Can anyone clarify this?

Beta is used to calculate the alpha of the security. Variance of the return on the security is unnecessary, just need the variance of the error term in the regression predicting the expected return. But as a side-note, variance is an input to the beta…so it is necessary. Overall, bad question.

It is required when using CAPM to estimate required return. alpha being expected return higher than required return.

Thanks guys! I guess it makes some sense now.

Do you guys think any of the topics in the mock will be on the actual exam? That is, the same kind of problems, but obviously a different situation (different wording) and numbers.

^^ I hope so…having done them all at least twice!

where to get 2010 mock exam?

Same, does anybody have access to the 2010 mock? I would really like another CFAI-written mock to confirm my scores of the 2011 Mock.

Google

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have the 2010 errata. #43 Should be B. That’s > the only error. Ditto. But AM #53 Why is Canada’s real return higher than US’s? Look at Exhibit 1 and calculate the real RFR, it seems that US’s is higher.