2010 Morning Session

Anyone else take this yet? To be honest, it didn’t seem that bad at all. There were definitely terms and concepts which I didn’t know, but overall the questions seemed easier than the EOCs.

I did 2009 Morning Session. Same opinion.

Yeah, I took it already…last June. I got my lunch handed to me. 2009 and 2008 do seem easier. Agree that the test is generally fair, and not as obscure as some of the questions posed on this forum sometimes.

you time yourself bp? maybe it’s test day stress, who knows, but most folks i know (myself included) were in a huge time crunch. imagine taking, i dunno, 40 min to finish Q1, another 25 or 30 for Q2, and then saying holy f&ck around the time the immunization Q came around and you have an hour to do about 1/2 of the test. i take tests fast, and i warn you or whoever- time is an issue in the AM. if you just took 2010 and rocked it timed, trust me when i tell you that you are going to pass this thing no problem.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you time yourself bp? maybe it’s test day stress, > who knows, but most folks i know (myself included) > were in a huge time crunch. imagine taking, i > dunno, 40 min to finish Q1, another 25 or 30 for > Q2, and then saying holy f&ck around the time the > immunization Q came around and you have an hour to > do about 1/2 of the test. i take tests fast, and > i warn you or whoever- time is an issue in the AM. > if you just took 2010 and rocked it timed, trust > me when i tell you that you are going to pass this > thing no problem. I took it timed, took about two hours. I should disclose the fact that my answers are usually 2-3 bullet points that are straight to the point. It may be my downfall, but based on the answer key, it doesn’t seem like writing a half page essay is necessary, which is what the EOC explanations are.

i give you permission to take all of May off buddy. seriously, good for you. for us who haven’t really studied as much… umm… yeah it’s time for me to dig in and learn this stuff again. you’re golden.

I wouldn’t get too confident, every time I think I’m set i get destroyed by a random grouping of questions. The problem with level III practice tests is that unlike level I and II, one full test may not really cover the entire curriculum. Based on the nature of L III they go very deep in very narrow subjects, and because of this you don’t get the same level of general broad topic testing that you did in prior levels. The end result is that even after one or even two full six hour (morning and afternoon) practice tests, there could very well be lots of things you weren’t tested over. The shear level of detail you have to go into on esoteric subjects in and of itself makes the questions they could ask you endless.

I did it. 133 pts, or 74 % with a reserve to up 5-6 %. I found it nice. Nicer than 2009. Anybody can explain me 8A. Why 45 % out of tolerance interval?

Target ± (target allocation * P%); .4*.1=.04 FI moved .05 --> rebalance If you are Schweser user don’t try, you’ll only find this in CFAI books;)

I took this last year and trust me when I say the real exam takes a lot longer to write than in practice. Right now I am going really quick and doing morning sessions in 1.5 hours, but when I wrote the level 3 morning last year I literally was writing for 2 hours and 50 minutes…and there was not one single person I know that finished before 2 hours and 30 min. What I am trying to say is even though you finished in 2 hours this time, on exam day trust me you will be taking longer because you will have doubts, and re-read, re-calculate… add one more point here or there to make sure you are covering all your bases… it adds up.

IRS-Trader - 10x I did not realize that interval is +/- 10 % of 40 % :slight_smile: