2011 Individual IPS Questions

Hi, I do know we’re not allowed to discuss specific questions from the actual exam, but guess it’s okay to ask ‘where to look’ in the curriculum for some questions. I had little clue about that first individual IPS question from the AM session and that whole individual IPS item-set from the PM session. I’m not divulging any specifics, so only those who took the 2011 L3 exam and STILL remember those questions could help. Unfortunately I forgot the PM session ones :frowning: Can anyone point me to CFAI Reading or Readings where those questions come from? And finally, do you guys feel there was/were no question(s) beyond the realm of the syllabus? To be honest, I don’t think I could have answered correctly some of the questions even if it had been an open-book exam with no time constraint. Maybe it’s just me:( Any input would be greatly appreciated. If what I’m trying to achieve via this thread is in any violation of CFAI ethics code, please enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

Are you saying that you are retaking the exam? I really dont remember the questions BUT what stood out to me was the similarity to the previous years’ morning sessions. So the best advice I could give to readers is check out the older exams.

I did all the past exams as far back as 2003, but couldn’t find any resemblance to the first question I was referring to. It was ‘brand new’, so to speak. Not to mention that PM session item-set. Thanks for your input anyway. Guess no one remembers those questions, or everyone who does must have left the forum already.

they should release those questions sometime before the exam no? maybe you should just wait until then.

yea its not a big deal CFAI will release the actual exam questions i dont think you can ever get in trouble for discussing that section of the exam

builders Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yea its not a big deal CFAI will release the > actual exam questions i dont think you can ever > get in trouble for discussing that section of the > exam But what about the PM session IPS item-set? I don’t have a clue what it was about. Flipping thru the individual IPS readings didn’t give me any hint.