2011 Retakers

For all those left behind… I’m in for 2011 and I will pass next year. No excuses. Just try not to think about all the time you will waste studying for this exam and focus on the end goal.

Glad to see not much change in the curriculum, just hate the thought of more time away from the family. Will likely start earlier this year (Oct., Nov.?) with less time per day but more days and likely more time in total. When I saw the topics on the exam, really thought I caught a break relative to the exams from the past (2-bond hedge!). As has been stated before, luck can be a factor; hoping for a good 2011.

I’m registering tomorrow. And before 2011 hits the calendar, I will figure out what I did wrong this year. And, “knowing is half the battle.” haha.

I will be done a couple lap in my olympic sized pool of self pity first …but im in for starting early and discussing more questions/topics

as much as i hate to say it, I am also in.

You’re GD right I am in. Too close to quit now. I have got to figure out what I am doing wrong because apparently I wasn’t close. Oh well, let the passing strategies commence.

Sorry to hear your news goes to eleven…I’ll be pulling for you from the flip side.

It was pretty easy to see where I fell short. Less than 50% on the first three questions of AM. Overall morning section was 6/9 questions less than 50%. I was band 9. I just completely missed the boat on IPS, but I just can’t figure out why. This was my first attempt at L3 and I don’t mean to sound like a quitter, but I’m just not sure if I’m capable of passing. I really gave it my all. I hate myself. I’m sorry if this post brings you guys down.

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry to hear your news goes to eleven…I’ll be > pulling for you from the flip side. Thanks, Sponge. You know me, I am nothing if not hard-headed. Next year will be the one. Congrats to you on your pending charter. I should be there 12 months from now.

FinanceMBA2011 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It was pretty easy to see where I fell short. Less > than 50% on the first three questions of AM. > Overall morning section was 6/9 questions less > than 50%. I was band 9. I just completely missed > the boat on IPS, but I just can’t figure out why. > > > This was my first attempt at L3 and I don’t mean > to sound like a quitter, but I’m just not sure if > I’m capable of passing. I really gave it my all. I > hate myself. > > I’m sorry if this post brings you guys down. You are band 9 and you are not sure if you are capable of passing? Please. Dust yourself off and I will see you here in a few months.

im in for 2011. Will sign up this week. This year I put in the hours but i really felt like i was just “going through the motions” of what needed to be done. I worked crazy hours for Jan - March so I hope next year will be different. Will come up with a better plan in a couple of months to tackle this beast.

Definitely starting early this year, leaving no stone unturned when June 11 arrives. Will sign up this week…will start looking at Ethics and GIPS for warm up and then attack PM.

will register next month…starting off with the prep from this weekend from 2010 books. am planning to read the CFAI material fully this time around. last year i only did Schweser . i hear there arent too many changes from 2010. here’s a link for tracking changes in the curriculum : http://www.finquiz.com/cfa_level_3_curriculum_changes_2010_2011

2009 - Band 10 2010 - Band 9 2011 - Zero motivation … I quit.

2009 - Band 4 2010 - Pass – don’t give up and you will pass.

Rakesh, Don’t quit when you have come so far. Your posts have been very helpful on this forum, shows your knowledge level and willingness to help… tough luck this year… give it one more shot and you can kill this best next year for sure… don’t give up pal

band 5 , after taking a month off from work to study. What hurts the most is the thought of the hours put into this beast (nearly 350). My heart say no to 2011 , since i am getting married early next year, but the show must go on ! I am going to register right way and plan to finish the course by mid jan. Plus i want to concentrate on CFAI this time around, hope i can do all this by Jan…who else is with me ?

as per my name it was my 3rd time and passed Band 4 Band 7 Pass I STRONGLY suggest you dont take a year off or quit. If you see those LOS comparison posts for 2011, you will notice that the material is pretty much the exact same thing. If they totally revamped L3 and brught in a ton of new study stuff but then i can agree. If I failed I would have no question about it did the 4th time based on this. All those " I wish they tested this stuff" " i cant beleive they ddnt test this … " is likely going to work in your favor next year. let the week go by, relax, let it digest, organize a plan and sit down with both Los’s and re-write you can do it

Agreed with 3rdtime. The material barely changed from '10 to '11. Once they release the 2010 exam with answers I think we can make a pretty good guess what they are going to test next year. I suspect next year level 3 pass rate will be higher. For everybody band 7 and above if you can remember everything you learned last year (maybe re-read the secret sauce every month or so until you seriously start studying) and spend an additional 200hrs I think passing will be a sure thing. I’m going to spend the next month or so studying for the gmats. I’ll c ya all retakes and the new level 3 candidates in a few months.

I am in too. Band 10. so close. Life goes on.