2013 CFA Level II reviews

what I have to say is how poorly the empty space was used for the bubbling area. Only about half of it was used for both the AM and PM sections and erasing was made more difficult because of this. Anyone felt this too? haha :smiley:

As far as passing, it shall depend on the MPS.

If CFA keeps their promise on >70 the pass rate will be 50%. Everyone had better hope they passed this one bc CFA will make the next L2 impossible after this one being so easy.

1. itā€™s making me nervous everyone thought the exam was relatively easy. I felt this way too, and so did the people I took the exam with. This is NOT good for the curve, am i right?

2. Portfolio Management was a killer at the end, no?

3. I think CFAI looks at schweser and likes to test what they left out.

just beating myself up because I missed a few questions in the afternoon that I can do in my sleep, total brain farts. 2 hours sleep the night before killed me I guess.

Thatā€™s exactly how I feel about the score too.

PM was tricky with us needing to be mindful on catching key terms/phrases.

This will make the curve terrible for people that didnt score high, i bet the MPS will be close to 70.

I agree 100% that cfa looks at schweser and puts a few things in schweser doesnt cover.

I felt it was a decent test overall. I made educated guesses that led me to an answer on some questions. So either the question writers and I have the same bizarre thought process or I made accurate guesses. Weā€™ll see come six weeks. Until then Vegas, Athens and London.

I honestly canā€™t believe some of the questions they asked us and its effing annoying that we canā€™t discuss it.

I thought PM was tougher than AM. Ethics was toughest for me but maybe I just didnā€™t spend enough time on it. I feel like I broke 70 but wouldnā€™t be completely shocked if I didnā€™t pass. Waiting game beginsā€¦

I think the test is a give away if one does the EOC and read the CFAI books, Schweser really needs to alight to CFAI curriculum, they deviate too much. I learnt the lesson from past years of not paying enough attention to the CFAI books

I only used Schweser and was kind of pissed on a few questions they asked bc i had never even seen them before it was an obvious FU to Schweser by CFA.

The most ridiculous thing is we ave to wait two months for a multiple choice exam

I found the afternoon session a level or two harder than the morning session. I am confident I passed if this were a college exam. What Iā€™m concerned about with the CFA is whether there were tons of tricks/nuances that I didnā€™t pick up that will make my seemingly right answer wrong.

On a side note, does the CFA have to follow the LOS exactly? There was a problem that required a formula where calculate was clearly not in the LOS and Schweser said that calculating was taken out of the LOS in the past year or two.

I found the morning a lot easier than the afternoon, keep in mind that they probably donā€™t give the same section to everyone at the same time.

I feel like I got low 70ā€™s in the morning but I may have done poorly in the afternoon, something like low 60ā€™s. Figuring overall towards the high 60ā€™s so will depend on the curve. I worked my @ss off in Ethics so hopefully that will put me over the top.

Interesting how it seems people feel the exam was easier than the mocks. I took 6 mocks and did not score overall less than 70 in any of them. However, I feel that I may have scored less than 70 on the exam. I definitely know my stuff and was prepared. I get distracted rather easily, the guy in the next table over had his leg shaking the whole time in nervousness and it was hard for me to put that out of my mind. I wonder if it is the anxiousness and the distractions of ā€œgame dayā€ that make the exam seem harder than it is.

YEP! those questions werenā€™t even in the end of Chapter questions in their own curriculum!

Yeah, also very worried about this. A lot of item sets felt like I was just shooting fish in a barrel. I didnā€™t bother double checking calcs because the exact numbers were just there so I went for them. Hopefully these werenā€™t traps.

Think I know what youā€™re talking about. If it wasnā€™t for the fact I use that formula in real life I have no idea how I wouldā€™ve gotten it.

I only opened up CFAā€™s book for Ethics. Otherwise, I entirely used Schweser. Except for one formula that Schweser said we didnā€™t need to know, I found every question either in Schweserā€™s notes, problems or Sample tests. Thatā€™s not to say I got them all right or that Schweser placed emphasis on it rather than just mentioning it onceā€¦

This was my 2nd attempt. Easily 2x easier than last years, in my opinion. There was a lot of content not covered, and most of it was my weaker areas. Iā€™m feeling pretty confident but not certain. When I walked out of level 1 exam, I knew I was coming to this forum. Now, Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ll be going to the next. However, with similar feedback, that MPS could be higher than I was hoping. Iā€™m really hoping AF is full of over-achievers.

i checked for ya man. Iā€™ve always been a fast test taker (to a fault at times) and finished the am in 70 minutes and pm within 90. After that, I went through each question several times and on the ones that seemed too easy, I deliberately made mistakes and got to the other answers. When I couldnā€™t, I tried backing into it. Iā€™m here to tell you - and it makes me really nervous - that some questions really WERE that easy.

After a L1 and L2 under my belt, I really respect the CFAIā€™s question writing. Their questions are simple and concise if you know your stuff, and if you donā€™t, youā€™re really up a creek with no paddle. I found myself there on that question referenced above.

It definitely is, and you are also talking to all the sickos who are enthusiastic enough to log back on to here right as soon as it opens.

Oh yeah. The ethics sucked. I kind of expected what they did though. Didnā€™t know the institute had it out for schweser. There were definitely holes between the two.