2nd weekend in a row

that I fell asleep while trying to learn about pensions and other post-retirement benefits. time to start investing in some red bull. i need myself some wings.

same here nola.

yum, wings. i’m right there with you except i didn’t fall asleep, i just do a few problems and then stop. for a while. i have created 2 new notecards today after doing some CFAI and schweser problems and for anyone repeating, time to listen up- 1st one is on STOCK OPTION ASSUMPTIONS (LOS 23i), and here’s my notecard: Dividend yield- higher div yield, reduces value of call option & option expense. lower expense, higher earnings Expected life- higher life, higher call value, higher compensation expense, lower earnings Discount rate- higher discount rate, higher call value, higher compensation exp, lower earnings Risk Free Rate- higher RFR, higher comp exp, higher call value, lower earnings Volatility- higher volatility, higher comp exp, higher call value, lower earnings next card is called CONSISTENCY IN PENSION ASSUMPTIONS- this i got from schweser q 19 and CFAI q 16- Salary increases and discount rate both positively related to inflation (all 3 should move same direction) Increases in equity allocations (as compared to FI) should increase expected return on plan assets that card is pretty intuitive but yet when i got both of the multiple choice questions i had to drop back and think a bit to get the right answer. anytime i see a question in 2 places, i try to commit it to memory. I’m only through the 1st 18 q’s of the CFAI 36. will tackle the next set of 6 in a few minutes. carry on nola, carry on.

Girls you are on the roll.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dividend yield- higher div yield, reduces value of > call option & option expense. lower expense, > higher earnings > Expected life- higher life, higher call value, > higher compensation expense, lower earnings > Discount rate- higher discount rate, higher call > value, higher compensation exp, lower earnings > Risk Free Rate- higher RFR, higher comp exp, > higher call value, lower earnings > Volatility- higher volatility, higher comp exp, > higher call value, lower earnings I never knew, you knew Scandinavian so well! is this thing Yenglish?

hiya dinesh! assuming you start by march or so, you’ll have caught up to my yenglish by april 1st (worst case). i hope you’ve been enjoying the study break and when you start, watch out world… this board is about to get a whole lot smahhhhhter and fast. as for roll, hmm… not sure i’ll call the 3 or 4 hrs i put in this weekend exactly rolling, especially as i watch football while those hours are put in, but i’ll take it.

Yeps, keep the good music comming banni. I’ll only grab the drumsticks in Feb and take it from there till the concert in June. Right now I am better-off being a groupie.

nolabird032 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > that I fell asleep while trying to learn about > pensions and other post-retirement benefits. > > time to start investing in some red bull. i need > myself some wings. That has probably been been my least section that I have studied so far…it took me forever to get through that…I will actually be reviewing my notes this week…I can’t asy I am looking forward to it. Best, TheChad