2ndTimers - When will you start prep again?

The details that you are actually tested on is not so familiar if you have not studied it for 8 or 9 months. Given a 41% pass rate last year, the test is not a cake walk. It pretty much comes down to the fact that everyone studies differently.

November for me. I need to get my GMAT and apps done.

I made it on having reviewed for 3 full weeks before exam… think its the strategy (but not the time) that matters.

CFA_10 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > YeeS_Mos Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CFA_10 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > for re-takers… have you guys registered for > L2 > > ? > > > and how much did you pay? is it we > (re-takers) > > get > > > 50 discount? \> \> \> \> \> \> 570 for CFAI > > > > have no clue what is the sum for Schweser > > > thts cool… we get 50$ discount… according to > their website it is 620.. i think that is for 1st \> timer.. for repeaters it is 50 discount… cool you get a discount if you sign up for 2010 exam before 9/23/09…

I do it this way because I know I won’t stick to my plan…then, always better sooner than never. Additionaly will be useful due to some interviews coming. --> If you can take 3 weeks full time, good for you but not the case for everyone :wink:

softhard Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I made it on having reviewed for 3 full weeks > before exam… > > think its the strategy (but not the time) that > matters. Im doing the same bro. Far more important things to utilize my time with than rote memorizing L2 formulas

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^not enough time. You need at least 5 hours a day > for 12 months LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. 1800 hours + minimum. Yes. All your base are belong to us.

i started the day of the results…with Corpfin as i had no time to read it for the exams. Want to complet my review by march and ready for the CFA mock & sample as soon as they are posted.

I got my CFAI books today - still in box, with vomit all over them. Probably start in Another month or two, casually. Just found this http://www.finquiz.com/tips/detail, plan on looking it over then this time around, I’m using 95% schweser.

I plan to start in October and hopefully read all the CFAI material by end December-mid January. Then I will take a break until end of February, when I will start again by read through Schweser while doing CFAI exercices and learning summaries from CFAI by heart.

I already started easing myself into study mode, reading the Ethics portion for about 30-60 minutes a day.

thanks for that link! pkun1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got my CFAI books today - still in box, with > vomit all over them. > > Probably start in Another month or two, casually. > > Just found this > http://www.finquiz.com/tips/detail, plan on > looking it over then this time around, I’m using > 95% schweser.