2ndTimers - When will you start prep again?

For those who are taking L2 the second time around, when do guys plan to start sharpening your knives again?

Late Nov. or beg. of Dec. depends on how quickly I can finish my online course im taking now.

Mid-December.

next week. I suck at the qualitative stuff, have to keep practicing

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Late Nov. or beg. of Dec. depends on how quickly > I can finish my online course im taking now. +1 Me too. I started Omega training for my job, and would prefer to finish it before I start studying. EDIT: I also need additional time to get over the last attempt.

I started the day after the results. 3hrs a day, hope to have another 750 hours before 6.6.10.

^not enough time. You need at least 5 hours a day for 12 months

I have recently moved to the energy vertical at my org and work’s very demanding with a steep learning curve of its own. I end up working close to 55 hours a week, leaving only weekend for anything else. Wondering whether a slow and steady start from now on would work or should I start later with more intensity (and some leaves!). @jensen Pardon my ignorance, but what is Omega training?

Omega Credit Training I’m assuming? Wouldn’t stress it…

jdane416 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Omega Credit Training I’m assuming? Wouldn’t > stress it… That’s correct. I’m not really stressing out or anything. I’ve tested out of the first half, but I had to slow down because my workload picked up. It’s just one more thing I need to complete.

I’m going to start in November after I finish the GMAT.

for re-takers… have you guys registered for L2 ? and how much did you pay? is it we (re-takers) get $50 discount?

I’ve already started…doing around 8 hours a week of reading the CFA text…will be done with readings by mid Jan…then review with Schweser classes…doing CFAI practice problems. taking and reading notes.

CFA_10 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for re-takers… have you guys registered for L2 ? > and how much did you pay? is it we (re-takers) get > 50 discount? 570 for CFAI have no clue what is the sum for Schweser

YeeS_Mos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA_10 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > for re-takers… have you guys registered for L2 > ? > > and how much did you pay? is it we (re-takers) > get > > 50 discount? \> \> \> 570 for CFAI > > have no clue what is the sum for Schweser thts cool… we get 50$ discount… according to their website it is 620.. i think that is for 1st timer.. for repeaters it is 50 discount… cool

Starting on november 21, after my GMAT :slight_smile:

In 2 days…by Economics - Ethics will be for the end :smiley:

i dont understand why you need to start so early if you’ve already had a run at the material.

^^everyone studies differently. I thought there was alot of difficult material in L2, and I am not screwing around this time. I will start Novemberish, possibly start treading into the material lightly when I get the books in a few weeks.

it’s not rock science people, you just need to stuff the material in your brain for a good 3 months and you should rock this bad boy, especially since youre familiar with it already.