3/3 Schweser only club - want to see how many got throguh with just Schweser

I used Schweser only for all 3 levels and no CFAI. Just want to see how many of us did it like that.

3/3, Schweser only

Ditto. But as someone else said, it was more likely the effort than the tools.

3/4 Schweser only. Failed L2 after passing December L1. Shouldn’t have even sat though. I was lucky to have put in 20 hours of studying.

So none of you guys used the CFA Institute historical, sample or mock papers?

Did Stalla for L1 & L2, then Schweser for L3. Failed L3 once and passed this year. Never used CFAI.

Did the historical papers for L3

not schweser only, but very close…qbank, secret sauce, and of course the notes were a good 90+% of my studies

I came, I saw, I conquered. Level I - San Francisco 2008 Level II - Abu Dhabi 2009 Level III - Dubai 2011 3/3 - Incredibly proud.

soddy1979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So none of you guys used the CFA Institute > historical, sample or mock papers? Ok, so put an addendum on my reply - I used historical CFA AM exams and the sample for level 3. I may have used sample for level 2 also. 100% Schweser for level 1.

I used the CFAI historical exams for L3. So I’m not a Schweser purist. The historical AMs were probably the most helpful during the final week to build up confidence.

Yeah, CFAI mocks, past papers, and samples are excepted IMO. I wanna see who did it without using the CFAI TEXTBOOKS.

chad17 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I came, I saw, I conquered. > > Level I - San Francisco 2008 > Level II - Abu Dhabi 2009 > Level III - Dubai 2011 > > 3/3 - Incredibly proud. Wow, cool that you took the exams in three different locations.

I went 3/3 mainly using Schweser. I only used CFAI for Ethics & mock exams.

Yeah man, lots of freaky coincidences too for each exam! Not going to bore you lot listing them out though. How were your results?

Level 1 Dec '09 - Schweser videos, Qbank, limited use of Schweser notes. Read ethics from CFAI. Level II Jun '10 - Schweser videos, Qbank, read most of Schweser notes. Read ethics from CFAI, did a smattering of CFAI EOCs. Level III Jun '11 - Schweser videos, Qbank, read most of Schwser notes. Read ethics from CFAI, read perhaps two or three sections from CFAI, did some CFAI EOCs as well. All told, I’d be surprised if I read 150 pages of CFAI material, but that doesn’t include ethics. EOC Questions were helpful as their phrasing is harder. It’s worth pointing out that I put a TON of time in using my methods. Level I:Probably 2-3 hours, 3 or 4 weekdays everyday after work, as well as usually another 6 hours on the weekend. Level II: 2-3 hrs per day after work for 3 or 4 days during the week. Usually got another 8 hrs on weekends. Also got up at 5:30 AM 3 days/week and studied before work for an hour or so. Level III same as level II - “brutal” study mode.

schweser only 3/3. CFAI for some concepts when schweser’s explaination not detailed enough for me…

chad17 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah man, lots of freaky coincidences too for each > exam! Not going to bore you lot listing them out > though. How were your results? Coincidences? I’d be glad to hear them. I took all exams in Frankfurt and sadly, nothing exciting happened. I passed and scored >70% on most topics.

looks like a lot of people passed only with schweser. as others have said before, if you put the effort in, you’ll pass no matter what you use.

Schweser only!!! 3/3 however i did go thru all CFA’s sample exams and mocks Well done guys!!! (also I am the fourth child to do Schweser only and get 3/3 in my fam!)