3 weeks left

I havent done a question yet. not used the pencil. I think I am far behind where I am suppose to be. I read all the material once, but cant remember a thing. the good side is that I quit my stupid job,so I can study full time 3 weeks. thats about 160 hours. cant fail this one.

you quit your job? I hope it was for better reasons than just to the exam. Hope you are okay at our end. well 3-weeks will give you a lot of lead time, good luck

I am in the same boat. I was laid off and just did not look for a job. I figured, the slowdown etc - better utilize the time and prepare for this exam will be a better deal-hopefully will pass !!! Can’t afford to take this crap again !!!

good luck to you guys and anyone else in the same boat. i think you have a great attitude … just get this exam out of the way.

it was time to go all in for me. cant keep smooth calling. I ve been at this job for 2.5 years and tired of taking sh!t for 45 K. i knew i couldnt work and study at the same time. now i will study 3 weeks hard and pass the exam. and if i can get a job i want within few months of the exam result, that will be my ace or king on the river, if not I will just accept it and go back home do some military duty.

I think this has been addressed before but… WILL having a CFA REALLY benefit anyone in the Finance world? I know (I am stressing 'I") how difficult it is and how valuable it is to have a wide breadth of knowledge across all kinds of financial acumen… BUT I am questioning whether having the three letters will ‘get me to that next level’. Will it REALLY get my foot into the door (differentiating me from ‘your average every day’ Finance ‘Joe Blow’)… I have to keep this out of my mind and just push on…

Data_Monkey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think this has been addressed before but… WILL > having a CFA REALLY benefit anyone in the Finance > world? I know (I am stressing 'I") how difficult > it is and how valuable it is to have a wide > breadth of knowledge across all kinds of financial > acumen… BUT I am questioning whether having the > three letters will ‘get me to that next level’. > Will it REALLY get my foot into the door > (differentiating me from ‘your average every day’ > Finance ‘Joe Blow’)… > > I have to keep this out of my mind and just push > on… It should give you confidence you need to make the next step. Without confidence it doesn’t matter how many letters you have, it wont make a difference

Agreed - the confidence I had… Or wait… maybe it was Cocky… Awe who gives a rats a$$ what it was… Bottom line… I wonder if others who haven’t taken it know what it takes to get it. Those things are: Commitment, Commitment, and … oh yes and commitment…

Most HR and Recruiting folks don’t know the CFA from the NBA and often they are the gatekeepers into most big organizations.

Exactly my point… its not confidence nor the three letters but ‘in general’ is a whole lot of grabfanny and reacharounds that gets you the job… And Homey don’t PLAY dat game!

comes back to its not what you know its who you know… yeah right…