3000 pages of CFA Curriculum in 2 weeks?

Need some advice here, I’ve focused on Schwser notes so far and have not touched the curriculum materials at all. Someone told me this is risky, but I only got 2 weeks left. What should I do?

stick with schweser. Unless you have 2 weeks of constant reading time available.

I would not suggest reading cfai at this point it will take forever and it adds little, unless you seriously have a bunch of time to understand everything in there.

I’d forget trying to read it all, but maybe you want to go through the end-of-chapter questions. I’ve found them helpful.

do the CFAI old/practice exams instead and just review things in the CFAI curriculum base d on that …

the cfai curr stinks anyway. i started reading it and found it a big waste of time. i would read it for GIPS and ethics though.

Read the questions and answers at the end of the curriculum readings… find out if you missed anything.

Try to do all CFAI questions. I haven’t read CFAI, but I believe that the questions alone have helped on material not covered by schweser.

Not adding much to the mix here, but I would hammer as many practice problems as I could find between now and the exam (CFAI, Schweser, Stalla, etc.)…it’s all about repetition at this point.

do CFAI texts and schweser. you can sleep june 8th.

How does everyone feel about the level of difficulty in the end-of-chapter CFAI institute questions versus the actual exams. The end-of-chapter questions seem pretty tough in my opinion.

i think they are tougher than the practice exams…

At this point in the game I would focus on practice exams, the on-line cfai exams and old exam questions. I would also make/review laundry lists. I know its tempting to second guess onself for how one prepared so far (or did not prepare) but even starting the end of chapter questions at this point could create a real time crunch. I know last year a lot of the end of chapter questions were challenging and we debated them on the board here–in some cases the answers given were even wrong–if you haven’t done the end of chapter questions previously, doing so now could really psych you out as well as waste time–all this is just MHO.

I think the CFAI questions can be pretty mixed - for example, for several readings - I understood the chapters really well and got a great score on the answers. Then I read Reading #31 - really understood it, did all the examples and then BOMBED the questions. It was as if they didn’t really relate to well to the material that was covered.

is it better to scrap the questions… just starting my next (3rd pass through) as I thought the were like a beacoon for the exam… is it better to just hit my handwritten notes, and practice exams some more?

hey stock_girl good to see u. Any other tips with 2 1/2 weeks to go. What would u say about getting ready for IPS type questions?

I never read CFAI materials and never did any CFAI questions. In my opinion at this time you should focus! * do all end of chapter questions in Schweser Notes (review weak areas) * do the schweser pratice exams volume I and 2 (volume 2 covers old real exam questions as well) * repeat this two points * at this point do not extend your study materials! *

I never read CFAI materials and never did any CFAI questions. In my opinion at this time you should focus! * do all end of chapter questions in Schweser Notes (review weak areas) * do the schweser pratice exams volume I and 2 (volume 2 covers old real exam questions as well) * repeat this two points At this point do not extend your study materials!

should at least read the Fixed Income part of Curriculum, very detailed and helpful

3rd & Long Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > is it better to scrap the questions… just > starting my next (3rd pass through) as I thought > the were like a beacoon for the exam… is it > better to just hit my handwritten notes, and > practice exams some more? this is a tough call. i had a week off for L2 and did one exam until i realized that I COULDNT REMEMBER ANYTHING. after crapping my pants (just about literally), i reread the entire curriculum in one week. it was enough to pass. i wouldn’t recommend it, but if you feel like there are major gaps in your knowledge, it wouldnt hurt to reread those chapters in addition to tests.