33 years is the happiest age

Nope I never misled those girls, I was younger at the time and only a couple years into my career and they know I don’t have family wealth. Both girls were attractive and probably were used to getting anything they wanted

Like ten years ago a friend of mine got a similar stupid and offensive request while driving, then pulled over in the middle of a highway and asked his girlfriend to step out of the car. She was in total disbelief, and she was like “what?!? HERE?!? … Now?! Are you freaking kidding me?”. She thought he was bluffing and went out expecting he would fold, but he actually left her right there like a cheap road wh0re. I loved the move and always had it listed as a last resource if needed, but never had to use it.

…what kind of girls are you guys meeting…gosh

obviously not HCB.

I had a great year when I was 33. That was 1999 for me!

On my 33rd birthday, some terrorists flew planes into some really tall buildings in New York City and another big building in the city where I was living.

Then, a few weeks later, some sniper started shooting people on the street in my area at random, killing most of them. Approximately once every other day. They said “be careful of white box trucks; we think they may be shooting from a white box truck.” Once you are on the alert for white box trucks, you suddenly discover that 90% of all delivery vehicles are white box trucks. I just had to start laughing: now I know what brown does for me. When they caught the snipers, after almost three weeks of this, it turns out they were shooting from a wine-colored Caprice Classic, anyway.

Then, a few weeks after that, anthrax dusting tests in the building where I worked turned up positive. But the Air Force (which shared a ventilation system as well as mail delivery with us) never bothered to tell us until we discovered that they were cleaning up their offices.

I’d ended a 5 year relationship shortly before my birthday, too.

Yeah, 33 was not such a good year for me.

I remember the sniper / van incident, but I’m pretty sure that was like a year after 9/11 unless we’re talking about different incidents. Was visiting around Annapolis at the time and I think that was one of the areas of concern as well.

^bchad’s fiscal/birthday year does not end on December 31, like our standard calendar year - hence the overlap

Yah, but he said a few weeks later.

Jesus died when he was 33, so his 33rd year must have been bad as well. probably wasnt part of the survey though

^the lesson from this is: damn Bchad is older than the goat hairs on father time’s sack.

really though, that was a scary time indeed.

I remember where I was on 9/11. I was on some resort island in the Philippines. Suddenly, everyone was watching TV. I was like “Why is everyone watching TV?” “Oh.”

OK, well, it was 10 years ago, so maybe I got the number of weeks off… To me it is still all packaged together in what was really just one unpleasant year, and I can’t quite remember the order (though it did start with breakup + terrorists).

Maybe the sniper did happen 9 or 10 months later. I said a few weeks because I remember the weather was still fairly pleasant during the sniper incident, but maybe it was closer to summer than autumn.

And yeah, the sniper did shoot some people up near Anapolis. He/they shot some people about six blocks away from my apt. too. One of my friends left a Home Depot, and discovered once he got home that someeone had been shot dead in that very parking lot just 15 minutes after.

Hmmmmmmmmm, quite a coincidence. Have you investigated your ex for ties to Al Qaeda?

From my recollection, the sniper was in the spring of 2003 (unless we’re talking about different incidents).

OK, it looks like my memory is being challenged. The DC sniper was in October 2002 (http://www.crimemuseum.org/Washington_DC_Sniper) , so technically, I was no longer 33 when it happened.

So the order was breakup->sept 11th->anthrax->sniper->dad diagnosed with ultimately terminal disease. (the last added because it happened toward the end of 2002, and closely follows the sniper incident).

Whatever way you cut it, it was a crappy year or two.