39pct pass rate

If you honestly prepare yourself and you know your stuff, how can it be that bad? It’s multiple choice and if you know your stuff, you should at least be able to weed down the answers to 2 (50/50)… I’m studying for L1, so maybe I haven’t a clue what the actual exam will be like…

I actually agree with you soxboy, the exam will be easier than you think. I think the AF forum members take the exams more seriously and therefore stress and study harder than most people out there. So the fact that you found these forums, it will seem like the test is going to be hard. On the other hand I can imagine people out there that feel that they can wing it and pass. I probably would have been one of those ppl (I’m definitely on the more confident side of my academic and test taking abilities) had I not found AF.

Actually if you can score about 70% on Schweser tests, then you should be able to pass the real exam easily soxboys21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you honestly prepare yourself and you know your > stuff, how can it be that bad? It’s multiple > choice and if you know your stuff, you should at > least be able to weed down the answers to 2 > (50/50)… > > I’m studying for L1, so maybe I haven’t a clue > what the actual exam will be like…

Half the battle is being honest with yourself though and dialing in a margin of safety to fall back on. Many of us were shooting for 70+ on the considerably longer Schweser exams, and being on time. The actual exam seemed short in comparison. I’m amazed at the lack of independence and I guess cockiness that alot of people have coming out of a bcomm mba program etc… A degree definitely doesn’t make this test a walk in the park; you’d think people with a decent education would look into what was required to pass these things and make a reasonable effort at it. Some of the questions that pop up on this site occasionally really bring the pass rate into perspective. If you don’t know that you get books with registration fees, don’t know where to find scholarships, don’t know that the test is entirely multiple choice… Why are you signing up for something you clearly haven’t looked into?? And I guess… Thanks!

thats harsh doworkson, though I must say I’d agree with you

It’ll be nice if someone can put together a spreadsheet (like last year) of the AF results (although it will most likely be biased due to a number of “fail” results not being disclosed).

I agree doworkson… I received a scholarship through my local society for L1 and several individuals ON AF were surprised at my comment!

Haha I passed Level I, but why didn’t anybody tell me there were scholarships? I like free money.