401(k) YTD Returns

well boys (and gals), i am posting a whopping -22.2% return in my 401(k) this year. looks like those emerging markets are taking a little hit this year. i will stay the course with my aggressively diversified portfolio and continue to dollar cost average in this downturn. what is your return YTD???

-17.7%, I have most of my future contributions going into real estate, precious metals, and emerging markets

i’m afraid to look.

I’m in the same boat… probably a little worse. But I’m young and I just ramped up my and my hubbies contributions. He’s getting killed right now in his euro fund, had held up well but down 5% a day in last two days. My company has a mngd fund that supposed to track the S&P 500, but that damn tracking error lesson is coming back to me as its off by about 15% in the wrong direction! I feel really bad for those close to retirement w/ “real” $$ in their accounts. My coworker turned to me yesterday and said “I lost 30k today”… and this is a older lady (maybe a couple years to retirement) that is by no way wealthy and has 100% in the most conservative of cap preservation funds. That blows.

I’ll look at my YTD again on Jan 2. Its less depressing that way.

+12%…

I’m thinking about putting some dough on the WV/Colorado game tonight…maybe I’ll make some of my 401K back. Or maybe I’ll sink further into depression?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > +12%… JoeyD! Share with us your allocation strategy! You kept same allocation since Jan 1 or do you reallocate according to market conditions? Or is this nonsense

401K: -13% Roth IRA: +9.68%

-23.87%–most in emerging markets and mainly Africa/Middle East.

-28.8% Core in BRIC.

Personal Rate of Return from 01/01/2008 to 09/17/2008 is -3.8% I rebalanced a few months ago when I switched job and LUCKILY got rid of my LEH positions.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > +12%… yeah right!

Im up 3 percent , i put it in one of the short term govt options because i thought i woulda leff this company by now, ha ha, yay, sniff

-15 in my 401k mostly in us stocks roth probably -25 or so…mostly foreign etfs and emerging market fund and alternative energy fund. My foreign holdings have taken quite a beating… not really worried about these funds as they have at least 30 plus years left but I am a little worried about my 5 year brokerage acct…that is looking pretty ugly too!

+0.21% Edit: double checked

About -8% It would be -17% but my company’s stock is up 65% this year. I need to rebalance. I’m at like 35% net worth in company stock. I nearly crapped when I read about that SVP at Merrill who got his clock cleaned on LEH.

SVP at MS not MER

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SVP at MS not MER Oops. You’re right. Either way, Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. Especially for a guy who isn’t exactly young. I mean, if most of the people on this board got totally wiped out, it would suck, but based on the age threads I’ve seen, most of us would be ok.

-15.02% Mostly a mix of domestic and foreign ETFs.