$468 to retake in December

Oh nice, thanks for the info. Even though I failed I still recognize that $468 < $688 :slight_smile:

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > meazza Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Noone is rooting for me:( > > > Iā€™m rooting for you and everyone else here. lol Thanks Appreciate it.

If you take the exam in december, and assuming one passes, how does it work in registering later for the next exam? Isnā€™t 6 months of study recommended for those who work full-time? Where the books come with the exam registration, do you start studying Schweser and/or Stalla right away? Thanks for feedback!

how are you all signing up for $468, I thought that deadline passedā€¦??

For us super Level 1 Candidates it is $468 to register and retake the exam in December.

Yeah, I did this as well right after I got my results on the 29th. Performance band 10. Oh, wellā€¦ I just got approved to log in to this forum, have I had known this forum ealier in my prep, I might have been better off a bit since I spent all my study time alone.

I am still extremely discouraged about failing. I really thought i had a better grasp on the material but it turns out the only sections I was strong in was ethics. Given my performance band of 7 how much of a longshot would it be for me to turn it around for dec? Those who are hitting the books for DEC are you going through all the SS again or just focusing on your weaker points?

ā€œRemember, the brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who donā€™t want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people.ā€ - Randy Pausch Good luck to everyone. I had a performance band of 4. Im not sure if I am waiting till Dec. or June.

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For us super Level 1 Candidates it is $468 to > register and retake the exam in December. Thatā€™s right!

Just registeredā€¦ Mourning asideā€¦ itā€™s time to hit the books again! Good luck to all those that are retaking it.

Hey guys just to confirm, the CFAI texts and Schweser texts remain the same from June right if Iā€™m writing for December 2008? I think my Qbank subscription also lasts until then but I just wanted to confirm. Thx

meazza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey guys just to confirm, the CFAI texts and > Schweser texts remain the same from June right if > Iā€™m writing for December 2008? I think my Qbank > subscription also lasts until then but I just > wanted to confirm. > > Thx Iā€™m pretty positive nothing should change. I spoke to a rep at Schweser (or whoever sells the product) yesterday and they said the Secret Sauce was the same exact book. So I would think the other materials would be the same. I thought the Level I material stayed the same throughout the course of the year - June to December that is. What Iā€™m wondering about is the format of the answers changing from 4 choices to 3. Now they canā€™t have the yes yes yes no no no no yes type of answers. I wonder if they will just remove one of those choices. I would think the pass rates would increase unless they make the questions more difficult to compensate. Now if you have absolutely no clue you will at least have a 33.33% chance instead of a 25% chance. Any thoughts?

ryan19 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am still extremely discouraged about failing. I > really thought i had a better grasp on the > material but it turns out the only sections I was > strong in was ethics. Given my performance band of > 7 how much of a longshot would it be for me to > turn it around for dec? > > Those who are hitting the books for DEC are you > going through all the SS again or just focusing on > your weaker points? Hi Ryan, I totally understand what you feel, I felt the whole heaven was falling on Tuesday. But, donā€™t spent too much time mourning. If we use the time to spend on feeling sad, we will be only further delayed to ramp up the to full speed for the second round. For me, I divided my 4 month time into three phases: 1) August ā€“ the end of September, I will go through my weakness sections with greater attention, while still go throuhg all the other parts, because I canā€™t be sure I still remember all those details. I didnā€™t read textbook for my June exam, only studied Schewser. This round, I will not miss a thing and leave anything to chance. 2) In October, I will do Q-Bank questions to solidify my weak sections and sharpen my strong sections. 3) In November, I will spend all the time for 3-hour full mock exams. (Still donā€™t know where to get enough to practice because I already burned through all the mock exams for June). And come back to details to review all those little parts. In my opinion, since we have already gone through the materials and had real experience sitting there for 6 hours, we have to be strategic to take advantage of that.

Thanks for the reply Danielsky, your determination is encouraging. If you dont mind me asking how close did you come to passing the June? I share your concern about already doing Qbank and the Schweser practice exams while preparing for the June Exam. Does anyone have any good suggestions as to where to get additional quality practice questions and tests?

ryan19 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks for the reply Danielsky, your determination > is encouraging. If you dont mind me asking how > close did you come to passing the June? > > I share your concern about already doing Qbank > and the Schweser practice exams while preparing > for the June Exam. > > Does anyone have any good suggestions as to where > to get additional quality practice questions and > tests? Hi Ryan, Here is my result. I didnā€™t check forum for two weeks. Now I am backā€¦ Level 1: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 * - - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 * - - - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Statement Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - * - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

good luck meazza.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > good luck meazza. GL to you in your quest for LII.

im signed up (again) ready to slay (slaughter) this beast