4th Attempt?

I am 37, this was my first time. failed. dont give up ! I know someone who did it on the 7th attempt.

P-L-U-M-B-I-N-G_S-C-H-O-O-L

I think it took me 3 or 4 attempts to pass level 2. I am now a charterholder.

I passed on my 4th attempt, same thing as you with band 10 every time. How many mocks did you take? Live Mocks? CFAI and Schweser for material?

Level II passers, what materials did you use? CFAI, Schweser, or a combination of both? My plan is to read CFAI materials for the big subjects and Schweser for the smaller ones. Then do all Schweser pracitce exams, Konvexity practice problems, and CFAI practice exams and problems.

You’re a band 10.

I was a band 9 in 2017. Third attempt.

Passed in 2018. Fourth attempt.

Please don’t give up.

this may be a controversial opinion, but the MPS is set at a level that defines the minimum level of competency for practice in the investment management profession. if you’ve taken the exam 3 times and haven’t demonstrated the minimum level of competence, are you even sure that the CFA program is right for you? are you sure that you’re in a career that you’re both passionate about and good at?

look, i loved playing basketball, but at 5’ 5" and 130 lbs, i’m wasn’t exactly going to be a pro or semi-pro player. but i’m also passionate about my career, i’m good at it, and i’ve had no trouble passing levels 1 and 2 on my first attempt with about 200 hours of study for each level.

Do not give up. I passed Level II on my third try then Level III on first try. This exam is about determination. Do you want it? Then go after it. Even some of my closest friends doubted me but I crushed the exam that third try.

Be methodical in approach. No hours wasted. I put in three hours every day and even more during the last two months. This is for earning the letters after your name (in the grand scheme of life is nothing) so don’t be afraid of a little bump from an e-mail. Get after it again.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouraging words. I’m looking forward to crushing it in June.

Congrats! This one’s just for you, buddy.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw]

#SkeeLo

i was looking for someone like this…i hope i can do the exact same

THIS

You should evaluate your weak areas and reread those again. Make flashcards for those areas and begin your studies with those weak areas and finish studying in those areas.

Nice man, I know the feeling. I had a similar experience with my Math theory class in college. Received a 56 on my first midterm and 78 on my second. Was sitting around a C- prior to the final in 2.5 weeks. I think I scored a perfect on the final plus the extra credit, and it was the first and only A+ I had ever received in college (pretty much 98% or higher in the class). The professor must of been amazed by that perfect score since the final was only worth 40-60% of my grade which wouldn’t have been enough to put me at 98% or above in that class.

Same here and I was upset.

However, knowledge is important so keep going.

Studying the same material for the fourth time will lead to my inevitable loss of sanity, but I’m giving it another shot. Going to use Mark Meldrum this time.

As a follow up to this post, I finally passed this year. Bottom line, never give up. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

unbelievable. I dont know if I would have it in me to do L2 four times.

Wow! Congratulations! What was your most successful study strategy? Any tips?

Congratulations, Scott!