5 years of waite, 4 years of pain and 3 years of study

awesome post.

Hi there, I passed on my 4th attempt! I started out in 2002, failed LI, passed it in 2003, skipped 2004, and then failed L2 in 2005, 2006, 2007 and finally passed LII this year! This was my last attempt at this program if I would of failed I would of get out for good… but I did it in the end.

sarthak, you passed Level II exam at the first attempt with 200 hours study…That is very impressive. Do you mind tell us what materials have you used and how you used those materials to help you pass the exam? I spent all of my time to focus on CFAI textbooks but still ended up with a FAIL. My mark was very close to pass but “close to pass” is still a fail. I want to sort out an efficient way to study. Thanks for your help in advance

nodes, on my first attempt, it is my own fault that I took too lightly, as the LII staff has a lot of cross over with LI. On the second attempt, I only used Schweser, but the really mistake was taking too many practice exam without trying to get to the real understanding. This time, the sole focus is using CFAI and half the practice exam to get detail understanding. The summary of the message is to use CFAI and focus on detail understanding. All the very best.

Congratulations, theKing! You deserve it! It’s amazing how many distractions can go into the studying for these exams and how many things can go wrong at all stages of the game.

Good job. Let’s knock out L3 on the first attempt.

I took level 1 twice & this was my third attempt at level 2 - finally passed. The relief is unbelievable. Taking the next 3 months off before even considering opening a level 3 book.

Passed Level I in 2001 first try. In 2002, my husband was pulling his hair out with our 5yr old and I didn’t study much for L2 and didn’t pass. Took off and had twins in 2003. Sat for L2 again in 2004 and didn’t pass. Had baby in Feb of 2005 and sat for L2 AGAIN and didn’t pass. Kept trying every year since and haven’t passed. Been very close, like this time I was in Band 9 but…didn’t pass. Think I need to give up.

Congratulations!

Tmeister B , do not give up. It took me a long time to be there, just keep working on it. All the very best.

Congratulation to all the determined future CFAs. I know it has been a long and painful journey but nothing is impossible f you are determined. I started my journey way back in 2002 and passed level 1 with a score of >70 on all subjects. I skipped 2003 and took the level 2 in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and finally passed this year. The only thing I changed from previous year is that ordered the Schweser lecture Cd’s and I believe that it really helped me with putting all the material together. I am hoping to be more dicipline for level III and hopefully will be able to pass on my 1st attempt.

You took level 2, 6 times? Can you post your current scores? Are you in the finance industry? Tmeister B Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Passed Level I in 2001 first try. In 2002, my > husband was pulling his hair out with our 5yr old > and I didn’t study much for L2 and didn’t pass. > Took off and had twins in 2003. Sat for L2 again > in 2004 and didn’t pass. Had baby in Feb of 2005 > and sat for L2 AGAIN and didn’t pass. Kept trying > every year since and haven’t passed. Been very > close, like this time I was in Band 9 > but…didn’t pass. Think I need > to give up.

I think she took it four times from her post. Tenacity is incredible. Should probably have another go if you have it in you. 9 is very close and syllabus has not changed too much. Hats off to you, I struggled living with gf let alone having kids!

Congrads, very commendable.

cfajune2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sarthak, you passed Level II exam at the first > attempt with 200 hours study…That is very > impressive. > > Do you mind tell us what materials have you used > and how you used those materials to help you pass > the exam? > > I spent all of my time to focus on CFAI textbooks > but still ended up with a FAIL. My mark was very > close to pass but “close to pass” is still a > fail. > > I want to sort out an efficient way to study. > Thanks for your help in advance CFAJune2010 I did not have much time to prepare so I listened to CFA audio while driving to and from work. The audio was utterly useless for most topics but works for review. I checked out a few videos but that was painful too. Finally decided that the only way to do it was to study from the schweser notes and read the CFAI text for parts that schweser does not cover well. My big advice: finish the material as quickly as you can and hit the practice exams. Also, focus on understanding the material as opposed to speed while you are in the early phases of mock exams. I never looked at an answer unless I was 100 percent sure of the correct answer. I would review the entire topic from schweser text or CFAI if I had to, but would never peek at the answer and try to reverse engineer the soln. To hell with ppl. that tell you its too damn difficult. Dont trivialise the exam, but no point getting intimidated. I tell myself, if i can get 99 percentile in GMAT, then how tough can it be to get 47th percentile in this exam? However, to truly understand the material, 250-300 hrs with CFAI text coupled with lots of practise questions will hold you in good stead. For me, the CFA program is a warmup for MBA, so passing with authority meets my objective. Good luck on your second attempt. It’s very impressive that you actually studied from the CFAI text, but in my experience it’s tough to know what to focus on with the CFAI text. Also, I found that taking notes for each reading and then revising from the notes is a very good idea. I had a different folder for L1, L2 and GMAT all of which i took within the last 13 months. GMAT -770, L1 & L2 Pass with authority. I can tell you that the notes I had made and reviewed were invaluable. Good luck!