50+ dead, 400+ injured in Vegas mass shooting

Not really, I just have a simple fix for the issue that may affect me; whereas the other issue is more complicated.

It’s natural for people to be more concerned about anything that may potentially affect them or their loved ones and shouldn’t be construed as some moral failing like you seem to be trying to do here. The average person probably knows a small bit about cancer and may even donate to cancer research, but they’re not really concerned about it until they or their family is diagnosed with it. That doesn’t make them a bad person prior to said diagnosis.

And that’s my point. These kind of massacres won’t stop until enough people like you change their minds and push for stricter gun control. All I ask is that you be open to changing your mind.

The founding fathers were very clear, “…shall not be infringed”.

It will be interesting to find out in the coming weeks as more details come to light how the shooter obtained these weapons (legal or illegally). Also, what about housekeeping, didn’t they see this guy had a big pile of guns in his room?

^card on the door

^no prior criminal record, has the income, obviously obtained legally

You can get a new AR these days for like $500, probably charged them all to a credit card.

So why did he do this then?

^

cause America and dem guns. I’m moving to 'Gina(Donald trump accent)

This is the reason why we need to have a black lives matter movement lol

From a society who can’t be trusted to be responsible with 4Loko…

It’s time to rethink guns in the U.S.

I’ll give you my malt beverage when you pry it from my cold jittery hands! Racist!

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlytV66OI4o]

Failed L3 for the 13th time!

For an AR ready to go out of the box, it’s $379. You can probably get them for less from individual sellers.

The most recent estimate I’ve seen is that there are 357 million firearms in the U.S. If someone could point out a way to get those guns off the streets without an ensuing bloodbath, I’d be willing to listen. As it is … Only law-abiding citizens would turn in their weapons.

What, then, are the law-abiding citizens supposed to do when the criminals around them are armed to the teeth? Hide and wait for the police? What if you live in BFE and the police, running lights and sirens the whole way, are 30 minutes away? (for those of you who have never lived in middle America, that’s actually fairly common)

Also, what do you do about illegal imports? You can literally buy anything on the dark web. How do we stop weapons coming in from Eastern Europe and Asia?

Finally, let’s look out how our prohibitions have worked out. Alcohol? Failure. Drugs? Failure. Firearms in the internet age? Would be a failure. If you don’t totally ban them, legal owners will still find ways to get their shit stolen. Thus, you still have weapons getting into the wrong hands.

The only viable exit strategy I see is an attempt to model ourselves after the Swiss. Promote lawful, responsible ownership and start educating people early. Comprehensive sex education appears to increase the practice of safe sex among adolescents. Time to try comprehensive firearm education.

^ Wow what a novel idea. Promoting freedom of choice and expression while instilling strong values and good moral judgement through education and a focus on the family unit? It’s like your saying the answer is within ourselves if we could just get off our lazy asses and do something about the real underlying issues within our communities… Like we don’t need the government to control every aspect of our lives… There used to be this awesome place where people thrived and industry boomed and it worked kind of like that… I may be wrong but I believe it was back when America was great.

But that’s a question of what is a saved life worth, which is different from effectiveness of laws.

I’m for stricter media laws. The media coverage of mass shootings is likely complicit in their spread, just like suicides spike when the media covers the suicide of a prominent person. But the media makes money off of the circus

So you think felons should be able to own guns, we shouldn’t do background checks, and anyone should be able to own any time of miltary grade weapon?

Excuse me - CMLSML?

Where exactly are you getting this information from?

But would it save a life? Initial studies in Australia comparing gun violence statistics before and after the new law showed the expected reduction in gun-related violence, but failed to look at other violent acts. Later studies, which also considered other violent acts, found they actually decreased more than acts of violence that included guns. As such, most people who have studied the effect of the new law say it is inconclusive. In addition, supporters of the new law point out that Australia has had no mass shootings since it went into effect, but they fail to mention that neighboring New Zealand, which had a similar level of mass shootings prior to the Australian law and has no such law itself, also has had no mass shootings since the Australian law.

As I’ve stated many times before, I’m not personally a gun person and see no reason for anyone to have military-style weaponry. You can defend yourself just fine with a handgun or shotgun and you can hunt deer just fine with any number of rifles that aren’t semi-automatic and don’t have 15 round clips. You don’t need an AR-15 like weapon to do either of those things. I do not agree, however, with taking reasonable hunting and self-defense weapons away from sane, law-abiding citizens. If you want to enhance the background checks and increase the waiting period, fine, but don’t take all guns away from people who legitimately feel they need them for protection or to hunt.