50% time to be spent in investment related activities. Makes sense?

A works 16 hours a day, 6 hours (<50%) of which is spent in doing investment related activities. B works 8 hours a day, 4 hours (=50%) of which is spent in doing investment related activities. B is eligible to get the charter and A is not eligible, although A has spent more hours doing investment related activities. Does it make sense?

LOL!

does not.

How about c) if you’re stupid enough to tell the truth and say that you only spend 6 out of 16 hours a day on investment activities and the CFAI rejects your work experience then you deserve it.

NOPE!!! But you are not telling us everything. Could it be that A violated the code or something like that?

How about d d) You have an ass**** of a boss who initially agrees to fill your sponsor form. In the form he says you dont spend 50% of your time in investment related activities and later comes and tells you I did that because as per my calculation you only spend 49.99999% of your time in related activities.

Kguizo, I just posted to convey how this 50% rule that CFAI has makes no sense.

Then e) shove his dumb@ss into the toilet and get a more receptive supervisor (HR maybe?) to fill it out.

Will M&A analyst experience count towards the work experience requirement?

If you study CFA at work, can this be working on stuff related to investment decisions. I mean, if I have to go learn what a CDO is and what the risks are and how to price it, that counts… if I’m learning about how to hedge it properly from CFA stuff… maybe that counts too… :wink:

In a 16 hour day you have to eat, take dumps, schmooze and other things that don’t involve sitting in front of your computer screen. Six hours is plenty.

Etienne Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Will M&A analyst experience count towards the work > experience requirement? Yes, even though in reality you are probably spending >50% of your time working on formating pitch books and making copies. Have you seen Training Day? “It’s not what you know, it’s what you can prove,” as the saying goes. If your boss backs you up, you will qualify regardless of your title.

but that wouldn’t be ethical would it?

Related question: does posting on AF count as an investment related activity?

No, but one could argue that it should qualify under “teaching such activities” if people find your posts useful.

Agree this is silly as it the requirement for it to be fulltime…

My argument is that 50% of my time in a standard 40 hour workweek is spent in investment related activities. All that extra stuff I do for an employer for free… well, I call that “investment in job security” (if there is such a thing).