$500b in treasury purchases "unaccounted" for

Eric Sprott says that $500b of treasury purhcases are unaccpunted for. Its an interesting read, though I believe (and hope to god!) theres a reasonable explanation for all this! http://www.zerohedge.com/article/sprott-calls-fed-ponzi-scheme-half-trillion-treasury-purchasers-are-unaccounted

That is pretty scary stuff. Even taking into account the underground economy, one still wouldn’t come close to the amounts purchased by the “Household” sector.

some day the U.S. will owe Bill Gates and Oprah a favor, and they will make us an offer we can’t refuse.

I don’t buy it. Stuff like this pops up all of the time and turns out to be nothing.

Agree with that spierce…Not putting my tinfoil hat on just yet… But this isnt like the ONE WEEK BANKING HOLIDAY rumour that props up once every two months…From my perspective, the article does ask a very relevant question, that the government should answer…but which they obviously will not!

Syd_RE Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agree with that spierce…Not putting my tinfoil > hat on just yet… > > But this isnt like the ONE WEEK BANKING HOLIDAY > rumour that props up once every two months…From > my perspective, the article does ask a very > relevant question, that the government should > answer…but which they obviously will not! What are they supposed to do? List every single investor of every single bond out there? This is as ridiculous as the whole fake bond thing from several months ago.

?! I don’t think anyone is asking for the government to list every single investor out there… My limited point is that more detail is required when a catch-all item (or a balancing figure): i) Contributes to more than 25% of debt purchased; and ii) Grows more than five fold in one year…