51.25 hrs so far...

been at it since Sept off an on. hour here, hour and a half there. am wondering if anyone else is tracking their hours. im stepping it up to two hours every weekday here in a week or so to try and hit 250 come june 1.

I started keeping track of hours when I did level 1 but gave up like a month in. I have a rough schedule that will allow me finish reading the books by a certain date and then I will begin reviewing.

I don’t really keep a log or anything but I’ve gone approximately 40 hours in the past week and a half. I feel like if I start to really track how much time I’m putting into it, I might get overconfident (i.e., I’ve put in 300 hours so I should be fine…). I just take it a week at a time with a study session per.

I am too busy trying to learn this stuff to realize how many hours I am actually putting in. But if I had to guess, about 10 hours sounds about right.

i wanted to track hours but decided against it because it seems like a big headache now i just set reading goals on my calendar

^ Yeah I set reading goals as well. When I start tracking hours, I become less efficient and more focused on how many hours I have burned rather than material covered.

JensensalphaMale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t really keep a log or anything but I’ve > gone approximately 40 hours in the past week and a > half. I feel like if I start to really track how > much time I’m putting into it, I might get > overconfident (i.e., I’ve put in 300 hours so I > should be fine…). I just take it a week at a > time with a study session per. 40 hours in ten days?! whats your work/study schedule like?

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JensensalphaMale Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I don’t really keep a log or anything but I’ve > > gone approximately 40 hours in the past week and > a > > half. I feel like if I start to really track > how > > much time I’m putting into it, I might get > > overconfident (i.e., I’ve put in 300 hours so I > > should be fine…). I just take it a week at a > > time with a study session per. > > > 40 hours in ten days?! whats your work/study > schedule like? I work full time. I wake up around 4:45 and get to my office around 6. Study for 2 hours before work and about 2 hours after (sometimes also at lunch, but I generally prefer to go to the gym then. There are also times when I’ll work through lunch instead). I also try to put in about 5 - 10 hours on each weekend day. The only thing that suffers is any semblance of a social life. It’s only for 143 more days though so it’s not that bad.

thats great! that motivates me to step up my game. you are hard core mane. is this your first attempt at level II?

Thanks Skip. Yeah, it’s my first go around with L2 and I’m hoping it will be my last. It’s something that I really want and I feel like every minute is worth it. If my results aren’t positive, I’ll be here again next year. I’m glad I could help to motivate you. My best studying is usually in the morning before my brain can get clouded by other things. Waking up early was tough for the first 2 days or so, but the body adjusts after that. You do feel yourself start to get pretty tired by about 9PM though.

i tracked for L1 and i found that it kept me more focused and motivated. if i was slacking during a week, i would realize that i needed to bust my butt on the weekend. i’m pretty nerdy and track it by topic, too. i’ve put in just over 20 so far - read through econ and fsa with a little qbank action in there.

I can attest to the week day morning study sessions. I wake up at 5:30 and study until 7:30ish (some time is chewed up eating breakfast and letting the dog out). My brain is much more of a sponge in the AM…more of a concrete block after work in the evening.