55% on CFAI Practice

I did Book 7 3AM yesterday, went in pretty confident after scoring amazing 80% on Book 7 1AM, and averaging 73-75% on 1PM 2AM&PM. Next thing you know i find myself swearing and throwing stuff around as the exam is pure mine filed. I scored a lousy 68%, and was so pissed of that didn’t even want to touch the damn thing after. I still have to do 3PM (hopefully i won’t go below 68%) and then off to CFAI Mocks. At this point i just want for this agony to end!

With 68 % you will pass, congratulation

The way I look at it is CFA will only help us in getting somewhere faster but without CFA we can still reach our goals. Look at all big mutual fund, hedge fund managers hardly you will find anybody with CFA designation. So give your best shot. As it is said in Gita (Hindu’s bible) Lord Krishna says: “Work incessantly. Your duty is to work but not to expect the fruits thereof.”

I don’t know about Lord Krishna but the only reason i work is to get “the fruits”, and pay the rent, of course :wink:

FisherSU Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know about Lord Krishna but the only > reason i work is to get “the fruits”, and pay the > rent, of course :wink: I second that

I had plans to take the sample one today and the mock this weekend… after hearing all the experience from you guys, I am Sh!!t scared!

I got 80% on the first sample exam but failed FSA

The second sample exam seems to be easiest, hopefully they ask questions like that! I am taking the second mock exam this long weekend. map1, you are golden. Keep going! I have been really hitting your idea of going over wrong answers all week. You hit the nail on the head. KJH I feel like we are on the same path. Bleh. I worked reallllly hard on the mock exam as far as going over the answers. I have a feeling we will see VERY similar questions on the exam and I can use all the freebees I can get!

jdoshi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The way I look at it is CFA will only help us in > getting somewhere faster but without CFA we can > still reach our goals. Look at all big mutual > fund, hedge fund managers hardly you will find > anybody with CFA designation. > hhhmm, not sure about that. The buy side is filled with CFA designation holders. depends on who you talk to, all my contacts have the charter

I work for one of the big 5 banks in Canada, and almost everyone who I have seen onthe buy or selll side have the charter.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jdoshi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The way I look at it is CFA will only help us > in > > getting somewhere faster but without CFA we can > > still reach our goals. Look at all big mutual > > fund, hedge fund managers hardly you will find > > anybody with CFA designation. > > > > hhhmm, not sure about that. The buy side is filled > with CFA designation holders. depends on who you > talk to, all my contacts have the charter How many contacts do you have? 1, 2, 3…

amberpower Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The second sample exam seems to be easiest, > hopefully they ask questions like that! > > I am taking the second mock exam this long > weekend. > > map1, you are golden. Keep going! I have been > really hitting your idea of going over wrong > answers all week. You hit the nail on the head. > > KJH I feel like we are on the same path. Bleh. > > I worked reallllly hard on the mock exam as far as > going over the answers. I have a feeling we will > see VERY similar questions on the exam and I can > use all the freebees I can get! I’ve noticed that Amber. I know you’re pregnant and have a Dupont stamp, but aside from all that, we should push each other. If you’re like me, I’m having trouble in FSA as a whole. My % came out to the 20s on that practice exam. I have a feeling both of us can pull this off!

I agree, most PMs on the buy side are CFAs. I think this holds for big and small cities.

LOL KJH. I continue to do math problems on here during work and study my flash cards at home to make sure my concept base is well rounded and hope for the best.

I should bring in my note cards. I did that whole schweser book. Don’t know how helpful it is, but it can’t hurt I guess.

I took the sample exam yday and got a 60! I am not happy especially with the fact that I never heard the terms in the few questions asked before… is that because I studied from Schweser? The type of questions are quite different from those in the question bank… i got <50 in FSA and Ethics which is really really sad… dont know what can I do now to improve the score… To me the questions sounded new and few topics have definitely not been covered in the Schweser… any suggestions anyone - KJH, amber, map, strange and others… - where do you do your readings from?

I read the CFAi books. I have done qbank but I am definitely doing all the CFAi stuff I can, they are the ones writing the tests right? Not Schweser. CFAi hits a lot of random conceptual vocab stuff I agree. That is why I read CFAi books, highlighted and went back and made flashcards from my highlighting. That is what I am reviewing now b/c I haven’t read some of this stuff in a couple of months.

My plan is to do as much CFAI mock tests as possible, then go to book 6 & 7 if I have time. I agree the wording and format of some of the questions are different. After doing some of the Q bank, (I think I was up to 3000 Q’s doing them as I went) I took the BASA exam and thought I would get more out of focusing on the CFAI tests instead of Shweser. Plan to do the 3 sample CFAI exams this weekend and save the 120 Q’s ones next week. Hope I’m making the right bet. I do use Qbank to do problems on LOS I missed. I still am in bad shape for the test, but I’m improving slowly but surely. Good luck guys!