55% on CFAI Practice

I’m so fukcing p!ssed! I thought I would at least get mid 60s being I’m doing ok on Schweser. FSA is by far the hardest section. Not only is it very indepth, but the CFAI twists the sh!t out of the questions to either make you get them wrong or lead you on to the wrong answer. This killed my evening. Just way too angry to even look at the books! I’m suprised my mouse is still enact after all the fist slams it received!!!

Just took the third sample and got a 63 after getting an 80 on the second sample and im also so pissed…glad other people are having trouble but at least we got some time. (I got a 63% on the first one). I didn’t think the questions were that in depth but they were so fing tricky.

I am so afraid of taking these tests. If I fail is only going to ruin the thin confidence shell i’m in right now.

I seriously doubt you’ll fail map. If that’s going to be the case I might as well not try.

I got 47% two weeks ago lol

Map I’m curious as to where you stand with both QBank and CFAI Practice. If you do not pass, then damn near no one on the board will.

I use Stalla, and I am at about 85%. Today I have done 2 full Schweser Qbank tests, the first in 1h20m for about 75%, the second in about 1h35m for about 85%. Both only with advanced questions, CFAI weighted.

What would that be compared to others?

Better than most. Plus your fundamentals are sharp, the explainations you provide are second to none.

What are your scores in Qbank HJH?

Mid 60s ususally. I got a 70 last night on a 120 CFAI Weight, intermediate/advanced only questions. I feel doomed!

Take this advice, I gave it all: understand why an answer is right, and why all the others are wrong. That’s going to help you understand the concepts and get it into your head once and for all. Take a test and run it over again until you understand what’s asked of you. Don’t discourage. At this point, it does not matter how many more hundreds of questions you do, if you don’t understand the concept behind, or don’t take the time to understand it - nxt time you’ll do the same mistake. And don’t exagerate with energy drinks, coffee and staying up late night. That’s only going to run you down.

And don’t exagerate with energy drinks, coffee and staying up late night. That’s only going to run you down. How did you know? I have a trashcan full of energy drinks. I should give more attention to wrong answers instead of getting pissed and moving on. I find that a few topics in Quant/PM/Bonds need tweaking and a whole lot of FSA needs tweaking. I just hope I’m not fcuked as far as how much of an improvment on FSAI need.

I have been in your shoes during undergrad and grad, with freeloading “team members”. And I know that when the deadline is coming up, you get caught in it right about above your ears and you struggle to stay awake and get the ppt done in 2 hours, just before the presentation deadline, and have the “team members” trying to read the slides.

I got a 58% score at least 4 weeks ago on a CFAI sample exam. Now two weeks ago, I got another 58% on a second sample exam. NOW YOU WON’T BELIEVE THIS. Just now, I scored the same on a mock exam, except that I scored higher in ethics and slightly higher in FSA, while I scored considerably less in econ and the others. I just don’t get it. I’ve put in sooo much effort into this thing though. I’ll take my last mock exam in a week. I DON’T CARE if it’s less than 70% at this point. I just want it to be higher than 58% so I will at least feel that I’ve improved.

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am so afraid of taking these tests. If I fail is > only going to ruin the thin confidence shell i’m > in right now. I feel exactly the same Map1!!!

I’ve been doing badly on my exams too. 55-70% range. =/

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am so afraid of taking these tests. If I fail is > only going to ruin the thin confidence shell i’m > in right now. …count me in. Haven’t taken any of the tests yet, for same reasons!

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > map1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I am so afraid of taking these tests. If I fail > is > > only going to ruin the thin confidence shell > i’m > > in right now. > > > …count me in. Haven’t taken any of the tests > yet, for same reasons! Dreary. Its the same for me. I have still to do CFAI mock exams! :slight_smile: Should we do one this weekend and see what happen? :slight_smile:

My plan is to spend the final week taking exams of all kinds, the full week for exams only. Probably not a good idea but I don’t like mixing studying and taking exams.