6-month interest rate

if the market interest rate is 6% annualy… the six month interest rate is closest to ? the right answer is 2.96 … but how :o))

What are your other options for answers? If the question is typed correctly, you are looking for the closest answer.

its 3% and 3.5%

Do your own homework man.

1.06^.5 = 1.0296

supersunny ***sigh***you need to give it a break. You’re obviously not a candidate, nor are you studying the CFA material yet you post these rudimentary questions on a daily basis. This is a place for candidates to delve deeper into the CFA curriculum and build our CBOK not help you finished your high school level finance homework. If you want to participate in the forum then please stick to relevant CFA material, otherwise give us a break with your personal tutor sessions. I think it would be best if forum members just ignored supersunny and forced him/her to do his/her own homework. Go ask your teacher… or better yet read the text book.

That’s an attitude that will see you go far supersunny! No wonder your tutors aren’t that helpful towards you! You may need to look up “rudimentary” in your dictionary. Char-Lee, me, and everyone else on this board can solve idiotically simple problems such as this one. Partially because we’re vaguely numerate and partially because we’re CFA candidates/charterholders and have therefore read the texts and attempted to learn the techniques. Your incessant posting of irrelevant problems dilutes the board’s focus. It’s a board for CFA candidates and charterholders. Next time, try wikipedia, investopedia, or your tutor like all other high school students. It’s not selfish not to help a lazy person. Oh, and whilst you have the dictionary open, look up “you”, “loser”, “for”, “i will”, and “UP YOURS”.

you’re absolutely right supersunny, not only do I struggle with elementary math but I still haven’t figured out how to tie my own shoes… this is perhaps why I struggled with bootstrapping… please ask me a very simple TVM question so I can redeem myself… pleeease supersunny pleeease

Supersunny - We might be inclined to help if we knew that you weren’t just being too lazy to do the work on your own, but were having trouble understanding the concept and had made some effort. Try showing your work/approach on the problem so we at least know you gave it some thought. (and if it was a hi level topic that was relevent to CFA exam studies) I’m sorry but compound interest rates is 8th grade math. Here’s a link to the gomath.com website with a little tutorial. Maybe you should post your questions on their website. http://www.gomath.com/htdocs/lesson/interest_lesson2.htm

Char-Lee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you’re absolutely right supersunny, not only do I > struggle with elementary math but I still haven’t > figured out how to tie my own shoes… this is > perhaps why I struggled with bootstrapping… > please ask me a very simple TVM question so I can > redeem myself… pleeease supersunny pleeease royally owned!! I actually ‘lolled’ at bootstrapping.

Super S, Most on this forum are willing to help you learn, regardless of your candidate status. Perhaps you should present a question AND your line of thought. We will help you along if you play by some basic rules.

supersunny138 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so u cant do high school level finance charlee ? > though some of my questions are masters level … > looser ! Next time u will see me in the forum i > will be a CFA candidate and even fo proof iw ill > put my registration number and for selfish > bas**rds … UP URS Supersunny…da CFAI will give u xtra points if u write like dis on da actual exam.

I just keep reporting his posts, I doubt he’ll make it past Christmas on here, however I would surely like to keep in touch to track his meteoric rise on wall street.

Easy one… Semiannual rate would be… (1+Annual Rate)^.5 subtract 1 2.96% Quarterly rate would be… (1+Annual Rate)^.25 subtract 1 then answer…get it?

I think you missed the boat askajan, read the posts, lol.

Super I Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Supersunny - > > We might be inclined to help if we knew that you > weren’t just being too lazy to do the work on your > own, but were having trouble understanding the > concept and had made some effort. Try showing > your work/approach on the problem so we at least > know you gave it some thought. (and if it was a hi > level topic that was relevent to CFA exam > studies) > > I’m sorry but compound interest rates is 8th grade > math. Here’s a link to the gomath.com website > with a little tutorial. Maybe you should post > your questions on their website. > > http://www.gomath.com/htdocs/lesson/interest_lesso > n2.htm I only had pre-algebra in 8th grade :frowning: