7 Series

Hey guys, I know this doesn’t exactly relate to the CFA program but I was wondering if anyone on here had driven the 7 Series and if so, what model did they think was best? I am looking to get some 750Li and 760Li resources. Thanks!

I have taken the Series 7 if that helps?

People on this forum do not have income/year that is equal to the price of a 7 series. 3 series possible but that would also be handful.

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > People on this forum do not have income/year that > is equal to the price of a 7 series. > > 3 series possible but that would also be handful. Could it be BMW introduced the 1 series just for the benefit of this forum’s members?

flowbe209 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pupdawg82 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > People on this forum do not have income/year > that > > is equal to the price of a 7 series. > > > > 3 series possible but that would also be > handful. > > > Could it be BMW introduced the 1 series just for > the benefit of this forum’s members? They have one. I test drove one like I stole it. It doesn’t have much more power than my Stang.

flowbe209 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pupdawg82 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > People on this forum do not have income/year > that > > is equal to the price of a 7 series. > > > > 3 series possible but that would also be > handful. > > > Could it be BMW introduced the 1 series just for > the benefit of this forum’s members? They have one. I test drove one like I stole it. It doesn’t have much more power than my Stang.

I have the 545i sport. Whatever you do, make sure you get full coverage warranty and read it carefully. Also, find a good BMW mechanic in your area, the dealership will want to fix everything under the sun when you bring it in. Had a radiator hose bust after I put 6k miles on mine after the “180 point inspection”. The dealership business model is to make money off of servicing and repairs, not as much on the sale. Check yelp in your area on the dealership you buy it from. Havent driven the 750, but I can tell you that it is hard to drive anything else after a Beem.

BizBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have the 545i sport. Whatever you do, make sure > you get full coverage warranty and read it > carefully. Also, find a good BMW mechanic in your > area, the dealership will want to fix everything > under the sun when you bring it in. Had a radiator > hose bust after I put 6k miles on mine after the > “180 point inspection”. The dealership business > model is to make money off of servicing and > repairs, not as much on the sale. Check yelp in > your area on the dealership you buy it from. > Havent driven the 750, but I can tell you that it > is hard to drive anything else after a Beem. Thanks for the reply. I looked hard at a 528i and with the new one coming out this summer the dealership is knocking $6K off right on the lot to move the 2010s they have left. I didn’t try to bargain hard because I don’t want to buy a car that is getting replaced in 3 months with a newer model. When you say full coverage warranty are you talking about an extended warranty? Their big selling point was the 4 year/48K mile warranty that included scheduled maintenance.

BizBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have the 545i sport. Whatever you do, make sure > you get full coverage warranty and read it > carefully. Also, find a good BMW mechanic in your > area, the dealership will want to fix everything > under the sun when you bring it in. Had a radiator > hose bust after I put 6k miles on mine after the > “180 point inspection”. The dealership business > model is to make money off of servicing and > repairs, not as much on the sale. Check yelp in > your area on the dealership you buy it from. > Havent driven the 750, but I can tell you that it > is hard to drive anything else after a Beem. Is 545i a coupe convertible? What’s the price? I was thinking of 328i coupe convertible last year, but I am broke this year.

Dont buy the 528 its only an I6 and the car is too heavy for that engine. I dont like the 3 series, they are too small for me and they dont have the horses at 80 mph that a V8 does. Its a 4 door sedan, but scary fast. If you can buy it within the warranty, do it, or get the extra coverage. I got mine for 30k but his was in the summer of 2008 when gas prices spiked and they had to move them off the lot.

BizBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dont buy the 528 its only an I6 and the car is too > heavy for that engine. I dont like the 3 series, > they are too small for me and they dont have the > horses at 80 mph that a V8 does. Its a 4 door > sedan, but scary fast. If you can buy it within > the warranty, do it, or get the extra coverage. I > got mine for 30k but his was in the summer of 2008 > when gas prices spiked and they had to move them > off the lot. What if the 528 is all I can afford because I spent all my money on tickets to a 7 games series? I’m not some BSD that passed the series 7 and drives a 7 series.

flowbe209 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BizBanker Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Dont buy the 528 its only an I6 and the car is > too > > heavy for that engine. I dont like the 3 > series, > > they are too small for me and they dont have > the > > horses at 80 mph that a V8 does. Its a 4 door > > sedan, but scary fast. If you can buy it within > > the warranty, do it, or get the extra coverage. > I > > got mine for 30k but his was in the summer of > 2008 > > when gas prices spiked and they had to move > them > > off the lot. > > What if the 528 is all I can afford because I > spent all my money on tickets to a 7 games series? > I’m not some BSD that passed the series 7 and > drives a 7 series. You might want to go to a 3 series just in case it gets switched to a 9 game series.