7 week power study

I just need some encouragement. I have been swamped at work this year so basically have only been able to log about 50 hrs of CFA studying thus far. Now that work has subsided I have managed to get approval to take one month off of work… So I am planning on doing 8 hrs a day for a month - and about 6 hrs a day for the next 3 weeks. So should be able to log about 300 hrs + (50 hrs already done) = total 350 hrs by the time of the exam. Does that give me a reasonable shot at passing?

i got 67.4% but i made some assumptions and rounded to 1 decimal point…wait right here imma research this some more

CFA Institute recommends 300 hours. Therefore you will pass. PS: Your question is stupid. Don’t be so insecure.

Lucai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA Institute recommends 300 hours. Therefore you > will pass. > > > > PS: Your question is stupid. Don’t be so insecure. Does that mean my chances of passing are double since I logged in about 700 hours (started in September)??

300/50=6 hours/day. So if I study 7 hours per day from now on, I still have a chance to pass. I know the time to maturity is -1/365 every day. But the good news is: no need to keep the formula of the effective capital gain tax rate longer than two months. :smiley:

what do you do that you can take a month off? I plan to take off the last week in May to consolidate, but I’ve been studying 15hours per week on average since August.

I am in the same boat and if you put in those hours, you should be able to do it.

smj101 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just need some encouragement. > > Now that work has subsided I have managed to get > approval to take one month off of work… > > So I am planning on doing 8 hrs a day for a month > - and about 6 hrs a day for the next 3 weeks. > > So should be able to log about 300 hrs + (50 hrs > already done) = total 350 hrs by the time of the > exam. > > Does that give me a reasonable shot at passing? Just make sure you will have your job when you come back! One month of vacation at one time is a loooong time (if you work in the U.S.). I have seen stuff happen when people are gone for 3 weeks.

Sometimes you will find that when put aside 8 hours to study per day you will only use 4 productively, because the other four usually gets a lot of people stuck on something simple, I guess because the mind can only absorb so much. I find it helps to take an hour off in-between and go back to the study later and almost immeidately the problem is solved So enjoy the time in-between instead of it letting you down

^^^^Agreed

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lucai Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CFA Institute recommends 300 hours. Therefore > you > > will pass. > > > > > > > > PS: Your question is stupid. Don’t be so > insecure. > > > Does that mean my chances of passing are double > since I logged in about 700 hours (started in > September)?? If for every 1% tracking risk a portfolio manager is able produce an active return of 1%, then 75% of active portfolio managers will be on the top quartile. Who will then occupy the lower quartiles?? Hehehe… law of diminishing returns will catch up with you once you exceed 500 hours.

That’s why you need to take couple of breaks and hit the gym once for 1-2 hrs especially if you are doing long hours

yeah, do you bros not exercise when you study for that long? I would go nuts. I usuallly do a 5-6 mile run then knock 3 hours.

Is anyone gonna one up this person and do a 6 week power study?