75 BPS

so finally they did it again!!!

buddy, i have heard of 15 minute quote delays but what newswire do you have?

CNN and Scottrade…everything is out there son!!!

------------------------------------------------------- > CNN and Scottrade…everything is out there > son!!! Dow closed 416 points up…what a volatile market?

It’s Thunderdome!

What? When did this happen…why?!!

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What? When did this happen…why?!! God and Burnanke know the answer!!!

I was surprised by the enthusiasitic response AFTER the announcement. I understand the run up with everyone expecting 100 bps… but why the runup after the annoucement of 75 bps (not that I am complaining as the slashing of rates irks me, just curious about the market response)

jesh. what would have happened if there was a 100 pt cut

carry trade is back baby… let the good times roll!

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CNN and Scottrade…everything is out there > son!!! It was intended to be a snide remark, since News is more “realtime” i was making fun of you for being 30 minutes late.

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jesh. what would have happened if there was a 100 > pt cut FTR futures this morning were at 78% 100bps and 12% 75bps, not sure y market was so strong maybe GS and LEH

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > carry trade is back baby… let the good times > roll! Yup, I agree. Ben and the gang have filled up the tank and are ready to go flying the highway. Don’t worry about seat belts because if this baby crashes we’re all dead anyway! I’m glad they didn’t cut 100 bps though…anyone know what the fed funds futures are implying for the next meeting, I’m assuming 25???

Just think if the Fed cut 75 bps on Sunday, not Tuesday (signifying a panic). The reaction would be completely different, yet only 2 days difference.

Welcome to the Era of Quantitative Easing.