7city 2-day Review Course in NY moved from April to 2 days before exam... WAIT WHAT?

So I just learned the hard way why people overpay for Schweser materials even though I think at this point CFAI has geared there tests intentionally away from the focus areas that KS uses…

So I got one of the better 7city packages and part of it included the 2-day review course, offered April 22-23. Recently, I asked why the 2 day review course (which is in NY) wasn’t showing up on the calendar of events anymore on the website. It was originally set for April (about 1 month before the exam). I was thinking it wasn’t showing up, because it was full perhaps. So I sent them an email basically with the “can you squeeze me in?” angle… what I got back could not have been more the opposite.

THEY CANCELLED THE CLASS! They said it was due to low enrollment and then kindly offered to reimburse part of my already-paid-for travel costs and also a spot to enroll for the rescheduled class… which has been moved to… wait for it… wait for it…

May 28-29!!!

Yes, they are now having the 2-day review course (in person and in NY only) 3 days before the exam… WTF?! Needless to say I’m speechless over this. I have already sent back a pretty scathing email essentially saying people pay lots of money for these study packages, and they do it with the notion that they know what they are paying for, ESPECIALLY, dated seminars, classes, etc that are in person and in specific places in the country. Not to mention the fact that maybe enrollment was low because some people either A) hadn’t thought that far ahead yet (class is still abt 6 wks away from today), B) assumed they were enrolled WHEN THEY BOUGHT THE PACKAGE, and/or C) are still finalizing travel plans before enrolling because NOT EVERYONE TAKING THE TEST LIVES IN NYC.

I mean were they ever going to notify any of us of this change? And on another note, WHAT MAKES THEM THINK SCHEDULING AN IN-PERSON 2-DAY REVIEW DURING THE WORK WEEK IS GOING TO GET HIGHER ATTENDANCE WHEN IT’S 3 DAYS BEFORE THE TEST?

Is anyone else in this same boat? I live and will be taking the exam in Memphis, TN and frankly the LAST thing I want to do is fly cross-country for a 2-day review course 3 days before the exam.

And additionally, isn’t the generally known gameplan promoted and advised by literally EVERY provider to do practice tests in the final weeks as opposed to book reviews of the material??? Unreal.

I also said in my email that instead of offering to reimburse me for a partial amount of the travel expenses I’ve already paid (random trip to NY paid for now I guess now), they remiburse me (and the handful of my other colleagues in the same position) to attend a different 2-3 day seminar in April - ya know, when you are typically wrapping up the cirriculum material and moving on to “test-only” mode anyway.

So there’s my rant, but I seriously would like to know if there are other people in the same boat. I can’t possibly be the only one who was completely blindsided by this…

Try schweser’s 3 day seminar next month

i agree, I think highly of the schweser 3 day review. it’s online, by the way, no travel required and you can either view the lectures live or watch archived video later.