7CITY LECTURES AND Q BANK

Can any one please advice me if it is the best choice for me to take 7city lectures online? i mean is it better than schweser and Stalla? Please i want the advice ASAP

I’ve never heard of anyone using 7City. Schweser combined with selected info directly from the CFAI texts worked for many people.

Please …anybody else?

I did 7City for L2 for 2011 not the online option, but the classroom classes, and found it excellent, highly recommended. I passed. The classes are pricy, so if your job will pay for it, then it’s great. The online option is good, but not nearly as good as the real classes. FYI, i did the classroom classes w/ Schweser notes.

stratus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I did 7City for L2 for 2011 not the online option, > but the classroom classes, and found it excellent, > highly recommended. I passed. > > The classes are pricy, so if your job will pay for > it, then it’s great. > > The online option is good, but not nearly as good > as the real classes. > > FYI, i did the classroom classes w/ Schweser > notes. Thank you Stratus What about their prac exam questions? are they good enough for the exam?

I used 7city classroom course for all 3 levels but along with schweser and CFAI notes. 7city are great at explaining concepts and the lecturers are really helpful if you ever email them- I don’t think I would ever have passed without the 7city course but I would definately recommend combining them with schweser notes too because 7city just give you slides with bullet points rather than the detailed notes you get with schweser. Their mock exams are good but you only get them with 2 weeks to go and I found the extra 6 from schweser very helpful.

I also did 7City w/ Schweser add-on. The classroom courses were great at explaining the concepts, apparently they’re included in the web-only option as movies, so as long as you actually watch them it should be okay. Although in my experience watching a presentation online is much less effective than being there in person. 7City has a bank of tons of questions, which might be comparable to Qbank (which I’ve never used). THey’re good for learning concepts, but not good enough for learning the complicated vignette-style questions. Finally, in the last 5-6 weeks or so they provide a Revision Course, which i think you can even attend if you did the web-only option. This course was excellent, a 2-day crash review of everything, and comes with a book w/ about 30 vignettes w/ 6 questions each, across all topics. Additionally there are 3 mock exams you get as well (where mock is 1 session, not two). I found the mocks and the revision questions very good.

I used 7city classroom courses for Level 3 and found them to be very valuable. (a) They’re explaining things well and (b) you end up pegging the rest of your studying around their timetable. The revision course and the mock exam were particularly good. But like status says, they’re expensive so realistically your employer would have to be willing to pay. Go hunting for unspent budget around Christmas time…