84% in Schweser Test 3 Vol I

Guys, So I completed test # 3 of volume I in schweser and I scored 84% (201/240). I thought this was the toughest exam of all three exam that I have done so far. I probably made intelligent guess on 20 questions, which is why I am not too thrilled about scoring more than 75%. There definitely some things I need to fine tune and work on. For the guys who passed level I, what are your thoughts on Schweser test # 3 and how does it compare with the real deal? Sometimes I feel the volume is overwhelming and i am afraid that the real test will target areas that I am not strong. I am also very nervous about taking the the CFA sample test and failing. My goal is to focus on the CFA Questions in the last two weeks of my prep. I’ve also been doing some Q-bank questions and averaging about 80%. Strangely enough, I have been scoring better on the schweser exams than the Q-Bank. Anyway, the rest of my scores from the Scweser exams are: Schweser Test # I Vol I - 78% Schweser Test # 2 Vol I - 84% Schweser Test #3 Vol 1 - 84%

Dude your are on a role mannn…superb!!!

Very good score. I score 77% on my Volume-1 2nd exam. But I took morning session and afternoon session on different day. Did you take the exam similar to real exam (3 hrs continuous morning session and 3 hrs continuous afternoon session) on the same day?

agjamesnewyork Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guys, > > So I completed test # 3 of volume I in schweser > and I scored 84% (201/240). I thought this was the > toughest exam of all three exam that I have done > so far. I probably made intelligent guess on 20 > questions, which is why I am not too thrilled > about scoring more than 75%. There definitely some > things I need to fine tune and work on. > > For the guys who passed level I, what are your > thoughts on Schweser test # 3 and how does it > compare with the real deal? Sometimes I feel the > volume is overwhelming and i am afraid that the > real test will target areas that I am not strong. > I am also very nervous about taking the the CFA > sample test and failing. My goal is to focus on > the CFA Questions in the last two weeks of my > prep. I’ve also been doing some Q-bank questions > and averaging about 80%. Strangely enough, I have > been scoring better on the schweser exams than the > Q-Bank. Anyway, the rest of my scores from the > Scweser exams are: > > Schweser Test # I Vol I - 78% > Schweser Test # 2 Vol I - 84% > Schweser Test #3 Vol 1 - 84% Your scores are very good. Keep it up. I passed L1 in June with all but Quant > 70s. I had slightly lower scores than yours on Schweser tests. CFAI samples were actually very easy. The real exams were closer to CFAI mock exams. Make sure you do the CFAI mock exams at least a week before the real exam and review them thoroughly.

I’d like to ask a side question about these three tests. Are they different from the Qbank questions?

I tried to simulate the real exam experience…so I took all three exams at 3 hrs time interval on the same day. I want to start building the stamina and maintain a sharp concentration focus for the real deal. Also, I do find the mock exam significantly different and more than the Q-Bank questions. I use the Q-Bank mostly for concept checks and to continually remind myself of the materials that I have read already. It’s easy to forget some of things that you have done and Q-Bank helps me to stay on top of the little things. Furthermore, I’ve realized that the schweser mocks require multiple steps to find the solutions while the Q-Bank approach is more straightforward. As far as taking the test, my goal is to take a test every week and then revise to find my weak points. I don’t want to wait until the last minute to try and squeeze in these test come crunch time. I want to give myself enough time to revise any concept I may forget or miss. I will focus on CFAI Mock and sample test the last two weeks before the exam.

agjames, When doing your revision based on the exam, do you do it question by question or the entire chapter itself? I am in the same boat and just curious to see how to go about the revision process. Thanks!

This is a stupid question. Where do I find the CFA Mock exams? I didnt get any with the included texts.

sbkrish76 , I do the revision based on the type of question I get wrong or right from the exam. If I get a question wrong because I don’t understand the concept, then I go back and read everything on the chapter. If its a careless error, then I make a note of what I did wrong and why I made the mistake. This helps me to really hone in on the concept. If you read a topic but forget the details, sometimes just skimming a section brings back all the information that you forgot. So if you have gone through all the materials at least once, your revision will not be too tedious as you already did all the hard work.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is a stupid question. Where do I find the CFA > Mock exams? I didnt get any with the included > texts. There’s only one (free) and you can find it on the CFA website.

agjames, I think you might be over doing it. It’s great you are getting high scores, but you still want to be able to take fresh exams a few weeks before the actual test. Most people who have ever taken the exams will tell you leaving the last month for exams and review is the best option. Also, it seems you have tons of time to review which is great, but for those that don’t I believe you all have plenty of time. As long as you are basically done with the reading you should be in decent shape.

NYCAnalyst86 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nuppal Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is a stupid question. Where do I find the > CFA > > Mock exams? I didnt get any with the included > > texts. > > > There’s only one (free) and you can find it on the > CFA website. Thank you sir.