9:30 - 5:00

I think I am done for the day… Did book 2 and 3 of Schweser… Then looked at a couple of the CFAI readings and got freaked out… I think a couple swings through the note cards is about all I can muster for the rest of the day…

I am doing a full weekend of portfolio management for individuals and for institutionals. CFA texts, Schweser, and some examples from old cfa exams. Not very seriously, to be honest, just looking at everything and trying to feel that there is no little thing that escapes my understanding, which of course I will post here to solve my doubts :slight_smile: salu2

my progress has been slow, i started at 11:30 and almost did nothing :slight_smile:

I’m trying to do SS 17 and it is freaking me out. How in the world are we suppose to remember so much in 6 hours? The panic attacks have started.

started at 1230 and have been going since, hoping to make it to 10 or 11. Have been taking all the usual breaks though.

same here… i cant study 30-40 minutes straight, then i need a break.

AnalyzeThis… I know exactly what you are saying… I hit ch46 and thought… "ohhh this will be a nice quick read… 2 days later… I was dropping F-Bombs like crazy and trying to figure out what happens when I fail Level III… Drives me flippin’ nuts when they keep chainging formulas around (46-6 thru 46-11). I love when they say, we can easliy see that the formula now equals this… WHAT?!! WHO??! HOW??? WHAT THE F! It took me 2 hours to understand the first one… now you are throwing 4 more at me with a bunch a dang subscripts!!! I am now moving into Ch49! Almost done with the first pass - 70 pages out… I see light at the end of the tunnel - hope it isnt a train! The panic attacks too have started here… Its nice to know there are others like me out there… Got 5-6 hours ahead of me today… then its back to Chapter 1… Its almost like I never read it the first time… dont remember a thing!

I’m going to buy groceries and make a nice meal. see where I can go after that!!!

Data Monkey you need notes. CFAI material is really bad for reviewing

Hey Com Sci - I typed up the first 19 chapters that were Stalla-esque… I stopped that for lack of time. I agree with you - I should have bought some review notes. you think its too late? If not, which ones should I get? I did like stalla - but not sure now.

dunno man, but i am almost done with going through all schweser and doing CFAI/Schweser questions in less then a month (excluding ethics). It might be beneficial if you will seriosly cram (like i do). So far i am liking Schweser. Overall these are decent notes

SS 16 is also very confusing, I thought, with one million different equations - all that currency attribution/ contribution crap. Sometimes they say attribution, sometimes they say contribution and now I feel like yelling loudly. I’m done for the day and I cannot wait for June 7.

Damn i am losing my concentration. Need to put in another 2-3 hours of pseudo studying (20 mins study 10 mins brake :))

For Schweser, it looks like there are 6 books - are each of these books like 300 pages each too? Freakin A… last thing I need is another 1800+ pages… ;-D Are they pretty much too the point? There are several chapters in the book that I have no idea what the heck they were saying - Example - Chapter 14 Alpha Hunters and Beta Grazers… the author I think was just trying to use as many nonsensical words that only professors use with each other at cocktail parties… I had NO idea what the heck they were saying. I just wanted someone to give the the 1 page 'HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW…" I DREAD GOING BACK TO THAT CHAPTER FOR REVIEW!

Schweser is straight to the point. I wish i started using schweser from the beggining - i wouldnt be so stressed out now, craming through all the books. i found CFAI materials uselss unless you have 12 months to spend reading and understand every single sentence

im going to call them and see what the best option is… it looks like they have a Final Review kit as well (with some “secret sauce” book and a weekend online two day review…) (17-18th). I read the demo (on derivatives) from last year and it seems pretty good - but thats the Notes book. I think you and I have the same study habits - we say we are going to study hard for two-three hours and then take a few min break. 10 minutes in, Im bored shatless and find myself on Itunes or YouTUbe. DANG! I gotta FOCUS!

Data_Monkey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For Schweser, it looks like there are 6 books - > are each of these books like 300 pages each too? > Freakin A… last thing I need is another 1800+ > pages… ;-D Are they pretty much too the point? > There are several chapters in the book that I have > no idea what the heck they were saying - Example - > Chapter 14 Alpha Hunters and Beta Grazers… the > author I think was just trying to use as many > nonsensical words that only professors use with > each other at cocktail parties… I had NO idea > what the heck they were saying. I just wanted > someone to give the the 1 page 'HERE’S WHAT YOU > NEED TO KNOW…" I DREAD GOING BACK TO THAT > CHAPTER FOR REVIEW! Schweser is useful because many CFAI readings don’t have any end-of-chapter problems. All the chapter on behavioral finance are like that. Get schweser, if you can.

Thanks Abacus! I was think that same thing! I read through 48 (BRIC - no end questions). I may buy the Study Notes (all 6 books) and use them as I go back through chapter x chapter (LOS x LOS) … Formulas… I cant remember most of them so a good study guide is needed for sure. (about the only one I can remember is the Sharpe Ratio…) I have 5 weeks left and I think they could be a good guide to summarize this stuff. Did anyone get the Quickguides as well? The laminated one pagers? I couldnt find much info on them - I wonder how effective they are.

CSK, you memorizing stuff? That’s the part I struggling with. I am able to retain for 2-3 days and then my tired brain moves on.

nah, not memorizing, just understanding general principles. I do memorize certain BS concepts like SAMURAI and stuff like that but 85% of material i just take at face value and try to understand to the highest level of detail