9 am EST on 8/8/17, where will u check result?

PST… will be getting ready to leave for work around that time.

Should be 3pm. Blocked my schedule between 14.30 and 15.30 CET but my Boss thought it would be a good idea to set an appointment right there. Probably checking my Mail account during the meeting.

Are we expecting email from cfa@cfa-program.org?

need to make sure it doesn’t go to spam, as a few CFA addresses have been!

Make a filter that each message that contains word “CFA” bypass all SCAM filters.

Dubai 5PM, about to leave office…gotta type some notes incase the game’s done… if game’s still on…f…k it, I am out…

East coast, I’ll be at work. I’m sure it’ll take few seconds for my result to sink in, either way. If I fail, I’ll just mope a bit then get back to work. If I pass, I’ll yell YES! Then go ask my boss for my raise :wink:

East coast, working. I am using my work email for the results and created two folders “Passed” and “Failed” with the rules in outlook that will send the results respectively. That gives me advantage of knowing the results before opening the email. If I fail, I will check the results when I am ready.

Yup I’m definitely taking your idea!

Like this idea.

whoa?! how do you do this?!

Make a filter, it’s called rule in MS Outlook. You can make it on server, so same rule will apply no matter on which client you receive CFA mail, desktop, notebook or smartphone.

Easy. Outlook has Rules section, so you know who is sending you an email and the magic words in the body of email “Congratulations! We are very pleased to inform” or unpleasant “we regret”. One rule that I didn’t change from last year)

I, too, use a filter in my emails. But I have the email “marked as read” and filed out of my inbox so I don’t accidentally see it. Then I wait for the weekend to check it, after work and after planned events. So I’ll be checking Saturday. Then I’ll spend the rest of the day with no other obligations but to celebrate or pick myself up.

I’ve done this every time, every level. Can’t believe no one else waits for the weekend. I figure you wait 10 weeks, what’s a few more days.

nice thanks i don’t use outlook except for my corporate email.

OneManBand1 - respect, I don’t think I coud wait. It’s too antagonizing!

This requires considerable control on your emotions… I couldn’t do it…probably a qualifying criteria for a good portfolio manager.

In CST timezone… and 8/8 happens to be my birthday as well!! Most probably in office commute when the email arrives…

I will be in my office at work in the EST time zone. My phone will be set to only alert me of messages to the address I gave CFAI. When I hear the notification, I will close my door and return to my desk. I will then set up my phone to record my reaction when I check my e-mail from my desktop. I don’t show much emotion and I would like to see my face when I get the news.

I will be at work (GMT+3.5) and will break down my computer with the keyboard if I fail (like the mad guy in that video), give a finger to my boss and leave this career for good.

Tokyo