A boost thanks to Alt Investments

I have been trudging through the readings of late, but started the alternate investment reading this morning - and it has been a good read and has boosted my motivation. Way to go Alt Investments.

Fixed Income 2 had me down yesterday. It’s always nice to work on a subject you are good at (for me Corp Finance, Equity) to get the moral back some.

FSA gets me totally down. i spent like the whole day today just reading one section of FSA (cash flow statement) and i don’t think i still have a firm grasp of this. this is my second attempt and i still can’t get a lot of the concept checkers questions… i really despise this portion of FSA but then i haven’t read all of this volume yet so maybe there are more horrible things to come…

The taxes section is brutal in my opinion. Keep at it, and post any questions. Once you get it the cash flow statements, it makes sense. Look at some cash flow statements of US companies if you have time to see how the indirect method is done

DTL and DTA should be banished!! I despise the taxes ((reading 38) myself!

TheTrader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DTL and DTA should be banished!! > I despise the taxes ((reading 38) myself! I concur, that was hands down the most painful reading of the CFAI materials. It’s arguably the most useless practical info as well. Unless you have access to the actual tax book of the company you’re pretty much guessing anyways.

Yeah, the whole Income Taxes reading is killing me.

I LOVE THE TAXES SECTION THE BEST!.. DTL DTA…

aussie_jaco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have been trudging through the readings of late, > but started the alternate investment reading this > morning - and it has been a good read and has > boosted my motivation. > > Way to go Alt Investments. Its only 3% though, so . . .

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The taxes section is brutal in my opinion. oh great… i guess more reasons to hate FSA comin’ up

projectplatnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > aussie_jaco Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > Its only 3% though, so . . . It is worth more than 3% to me, it has to be at least another couple of percent from the motivation to keep on chugging.