A CFA's VIEW OF REDUCING THE RISK OF A PROJECT

REDUCING THE RISK OF A PROJECT:

Risk is inevitable , but it can be reduced significantly, by planning ahead and taking three scenarios into consideration. “best case, base case and worst case”, as well as a kill switch that will eliminate it if the project is determined not worth wile. It is also inevitable that this will be more time consuming and more expensive during the planning phase, but will give a good picture of the risk associated with the project, as well as hedge for risk, when dealing with questions and concerns from the public

_ Acting reactively _. to mitigate risk should be done during the analysis stage where it could be co related with the negative and positive on a scale - 4 -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3 +4,where instead of aiming for +4 right during the first stage of analysis the project manager should aim for somewhere between 0 and +1 and thereafter work with a bench mark that was set during the planning stage for a successful project

REDUCING THE RISK OF A PROJECT Risk is inevitable, but it can be reduced significantly, by planning ahead and taking three scenarios into consideration ;best case, base case and worst case”, as well as a kill switch that will eliminate it if the project is determined not worth wile. It is also inevitable that this will be more time consuming and  more expensive during the planning phase, but will give a good picture of the risk associated with the project, as well as hedge for risk,  when dealing with questions and concerns from the publc Acting reactively. to mitigate risk should be done during the analysis stage where it could be co related with the negative and positive on a scale - 4 -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3 +4,where instead of aiming for +4 right during the first stage of analysis the project manager should aim for somewhere between 0 and +1 and thereafter work with a bench mark that was set during the planning stage for a successful project

Besides misusing the term CFA as a noun in the subject line, I seem to be missing the point.

Good thread. Would read again.

lol

Is this one of those things where you put a typewriter in front of monkey and if you give him long enough he eventually bashes out something that sounds vaguely intelligent?

In the book it clearly states. There is a clear cut line using the term CFA from saying that you are a CFA charterhilder The mind of a CFA charterholder should think that way. Cheers

It clearly states CFA cannot be used as a noun. Learn grammar.

Also, misuse of CFA as a noun will definitely be tested on L1, so you should probably reread that material before you sit L1.

BTW black swan, congrats on the board membership ! Does it take a lot of your time ?

It will if he has to moderate crap like this…

gee. risk can be reduced by planning ahead. we have a nobel prize candidate here…

I don’t know that it has to take more of my time, but I definitely have stepped up the AF surfing a bit. The hardest part is trying not to be my old self and going napalm on people. That, and resisting mwvt’s subversive text messages suggesting I delete Chad and claim the throne.

I think not napalming people will be your most difficult challenge as a mod. I am long napalm. Personally I enjoy it, even if I am on the receiving end. Like a good cup of coffee.