A deleteable post

How do the Dems keep losing elections? Just a few days ago it seemed Obama was gonna win in a landslide and now I am pretty sure it will be the same-ol’ same-ol’ come November. The GOP strategists have got to be sheer geniuses. Hats off. Its amazing how there are two countries within the US. The views are so radically different. What a shame for Obama and Biden. They got derailed by Karl Rove et al.

needhelp, how’d your race go? I tried asking earlier, but I think the post was deleted before I could check back.

cjones, sorry to disappoint but I didnt run after all. I had a rough night and couldnt get up. Not partying but just was too excited and couldnt sleep well. So now I am looking for another race in a week or so. Will keep you guys updated!

Not all is lost. National polls are useless, since solidifying support in red states does not change dynamics of the election. Nevertheless, I think fake moral outrage for the “pig” comment will get some points in swing states. It is much easier to run good campaign if you are an a$$hole

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

The race suddenly seems to be Obama vs. Palin. However, there are still about 7-8 weeks to go. I suspect Palin’s shine may start to fade as she has to encounter more situations that demand a real grasp of issues. The problem with the Republicans is that they’ve seized the change theme, but it’s hard to see what kind of change they are actually advocating. McCain at the convention emphasized that he really wants to be president and that he really really likes America. I believe him, but I’d still like to know what he’s actually planning on doing! Palin feels that we should ignore global warming and go drill in ANWR and everywhere else. How is that different? She balanced the budget of a state that lives almost entirely on oil royalties and gives $1000 checks annually to each resident. How hard can that be? And she did it by raising taxes on oil companies… hey… that’s actually a change from the traditional republican line. Earlier in the Obama campaign, I was concerned that they weren’t very concrete on what changes they would bring. They seemed to address that more in the convention. Now its the republicans that have a mysterious platform. So, it’s tough to figure out what will happen. It is interesting, though, that it feels like Palin is the main name on the Republican ticket, not McCain.

i say it will all come down to the debates and this is where Palins inexperience will come into play. i can totally see the Republicans saying that Biden and Obama are “attacking her,” but she needs to be able to take any and everything thrown at her since other countries leaders will not hold back. i still got my $ on Barack. young people and other minorities that are not typically polled will be coming out of the woodworks to vote for Barack.

I’m still amazed how many people flocked to the McCain-Palin ticket b/c she is a “smart”, good looking woman with a big family. How many of these Palin converts actually know she is against abortion and for teaching creationism? I guess I had too much confidence in the average American not to buy into what was such an obvious ploy to get some non-white male representation on the ticket regardless of qualifications and ability to be a decent VP (and possibly Pres with McCain’s age). McCain is no longer the “maverick” (I hate this term btw) he once was. If you look at his policy stances in 2002 compared to now, it went from enraging the republican base to meeting almost all their demands. Chadwick, who needs a platform if you can just point out what is wrong with the other side and people eat it up?

To me these things are just a choice between Pepsi or Coke, I’m incapable of differentiating… freshly squeezed OJ isn’t on the menu.

I feel your pain psn0706…she is a joke. Anyone who needs 6 years and attendance at 4 different educational institutes including an Idaho community college to get a 4 year journalism degree and who spews garbage about god having a plan for an oil pipeline through Canada is not worthy of the paper her name is written on. She should go back to shooting wolves from planes and eating moose stew.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To me these things are just a choice between Pepsi > or Coke, I’m incapable of differentiating… > freshly squeezed OJ isn’t on the menu. Hear hear!

psn0706 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I guess I > had too much confidence in the average American > not to buy into what was such an obvious ploy to > get some non-white male representation on the > ticket regardless of qualifications and ability to > be a decent VP (and possibly Pres with McCain’s > age). > After what happened in 2004? You lost your confidence 4 years too late.

What can Obama bring to the table? OK, the “Talk” of change… But as it turned out the thing he changed the most is his mind on important issues… I am not going to vote for him and wait for him to cut everyone else’s taxes but mine… He thinks he is the JFK or MLK Jr. of the 21st century while in fact he is far from them…

Btw, the GOP convention felt like Jerry Springer show when they forced the inseminator to show up with the knocked up chick. Do these kids even know what marriage is? How is this different from how marraige is approached in Afghanistan?

He looked like he was in his dad’s suit, i felt so bad for him.

AlphaSeeker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What can Obama bring to the table? OK, the “Talk” > of change… But as it turned out the thing he > changed the most is his mind on important > issues… > > I am not going to vote for him and wait for him to > cut everyone else’s taxes but mine… > > He thinks he is the JFK or MLK Jr. of the 21st > century while in fact he is far from them… Granted that you have grounds for your cynicism but Palin is outright scary. I fear that she will come into my house and disallow my use of the internet and television and force me to convert to her religion, all the while wearing a jacket made out of moose skin she shot, then force me to marry one of her daughters.

The Dems keep losing because they keep pushing anti-capitalistic BS on the country. If they would drop their ridiculous economic stances and focus on everything else, they would be fine. Americans aren’t into wealth redistribution and huge government.

Re: A deleteable post new Posted by: needhelp (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: September 10, 2008 12:40PM psn0706 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I guess I > had too much confidence in the average American > not to buy into what was such an obvious ploy to > get some non-white male representation on the > ticket regardless of qualifications and ability to > be a decent VP (and possibly Pres with McCain’s > age). > After what happened in 2004? You lost your confidence 4 years too late. Very true - I guess I was too young, upbeat and drank enough (in college at the time) to think people could be so dumb again. Making a mistake is one thing but not listening to policies/platforms for two elections in a row and voting for who you would rather hang out with is another.

Aldford, how are the democrats the ones with the worse economic plan? The budget deficit just doubled, unfunded national debt is $53 trillion, there is a negative savings rate. All of this and a Republican over the last 8 years.

ca-cbv-cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Aldford, how are the democrats the ones with the > worse economic plan? The budget deficit just > doubled, unfunded national debt is $53 trillion, > there is a negative savings rate. All of this and > a Republican over the last 8 years. Unfunded national debt will continue to grow as long as the Dems don’t let us privatize social security. You think the savings rate will get better by raising taxes on capital gains and dividends? GWB is a Keynesian, his economic policies are terrible. McCain’s policies come straight out of the American Economic Association.